Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More 'new owner' questions (sorry chaps)

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2004, 04:48 PM
MR Fusion
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question More 'new owner' questions (sorry chaps)

As subject, really, as I didn't get a bl00dy handbook with the car and there's a few things niggling me already!

1. In the glovebox, there's some sort of keypad (I guess to do with the alarm - an override?). Is this a case of going to my local Subaru dealer and paying to find out the code? Previous owner of the car was a trader, and thus didn't have a clue.

2. On top of the steering wheel cowel, there's a rocker switch with a picture of a box with marks on each corner. I've pressed this, but nothing happens! What the hell is it for?

3. I've only got one fob for the remote locking. Does anyone know how much Subaru charge for another one?

I apologise in advance for these seemling daft questions - you've probably seen them a million times by now. Bring back the 'search' functionality on SN!
Old 13 March 2004, 04:51 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Rocker switch is parking light on new cars .... not sure about the other two questions ......sorry
Old 13 March 2004, 04:52 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

1 yes
2 Flick the switch at night and leave your lights on.
2 £30-40 I believe
Old 14 March 2004, 11:13 AM
scruffygrey
Scooby Newbie

Re the keypad in the glove compartment.
Almost certain this will be a manual Alarm / Disarm pad for the car's alarm system.
On your one & only remote fob is there a sign saying 'Sigma' or 'Clifford' or 'Toad' ?? Whatever, this will be the name of the alarm system.
The chances are it is NOT a Subaru fitment. A lot of scooby insurers have insisted the cars should be fitted with an aftermarket Thatcham 1 alarm. I would suggest a Subaru dealer unlikely to be as good for help as your local 'decent' car alarm supplier / fitter, although a Sub dealer could tell you who to go to.
Old 14 March 2004, 12:43 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. yes.

2. this can fool people, when you use the normal lights, they switch themselves off when you switch the ignition off, should you wish to leave the sidelights on when you park somewhere a little awkward say, then flick this switch and the front and rear side lights will stay on, not the numberplate light though, so it's not a substitute for sidelights when driving, Subaru call them parking lights, and that what they're for.

3.Looking at your id, I'd guess you have a uk wagon, therefore Subaru should have fitted the alarm, probably a sigma one, so either subaru or a good alarm place can sort it.
Old 14 March 2004, 01:18 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

My MY99 came with the keypad in the glovebox as std. It is for the std fit alarm for UK cars at that time.

Allows you to do stuff like immobolisation so that only a PIN code on the keypad can de-immobilise the engine etc. Or stuff to set flashing of indicators etc....

I'm sure a main dealer will be able to help you out.
Old 14 March 2004, 02:44 PM
eddie h
Scooby Regular

Mr fusion yhm