95 WRX, remote central locking questions

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2004, 05:39 PM
danc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 WRX, remote central locking questions

Hi All,
I have a '95 WRX, once damaged, and now repaired, major work is complete but | still have some small jobs to do with electrics, mainly damaged wiring/connectors where wiring loom was crushed .

First question regards remote key for c/l.....
The car has a 3 button remote (flip out key blade).There were no batteries in this remote when I bought the car, what type and how many batteries should be in here (voltage).

2 buttons are used for remote lock/unlocking of doors,(padlock symbols) but what does the 3rd (lightning bolt symbol) button do?, immobiliser ?

I'm assuming this is a standard factory setup, anybody give a brief outline on how it works., arming disarming etc..
Thanks...
Danc
Old 11 March 2004, 08:24 AM
danc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by danc
Hi All,
I have a '95 WRX, once damaged, and now repaired, major work is complete but | still have some small jobs to do with electrics, mainly damaged wiring/connectors where wiring loom was crushed .

First question regards remote key for c/l.....
The car has a 3 button remote (flip out key blade).There were no batteries in this remote when I bought the car, what type and how many batteries should be in here (voltage).

2 buttons are used for remote lock/unlocking of doors,(padlock symbols) but what does the 3rd (lightning bolt symbol) button do?, immobiliser ?

I'm assuming this is a standard factory setup, anybody give a brief outline on how it works., arming disarming etc..
Thanks...
Danc

If I knew the correct type battery (batteries) to put in I could figure most of the rest out. The reason I asked for theory of operation is I think I may have some hardware missing from under the bonnet (siren etc..)
Old 11 March 2004, 02:19 PM
danc
Scooby Regular

I would have used the search function if it was up and running.

Looks like I'll have to ask the dealer, or somewhere else.

Thanks a lot guys
Old 11 March 2004, 03:46 PM
ZAZ
Scooby Regular

Don't think they put alarms on 95WRXs in the factory, at least mine and my mates didn't! What you have is probably a third party alarm, if you could figure out the make then you might be able to get help on here or from an alarm installer!

As for the battery, go to somewhere that sells small batteries and see which one fits, there will probably only be one that will fit the hole properly!

The lightning bolt might be the panic button, press that and the alarm goes off instantly!

Last edited by ZAZ; 11 March 2004 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11 March 2004, 06:06 PM
danc
Scooby Regular

Cheers for reply Zaz.
Scoobs ain't that plentiful here, so I'd nothing to compare it to. Battery is roughly £1 coin size in diameter. it's the thickness and voltage I'm wondering about.

I went to auto accesories shop, and the guy said some remotes take several slim type and others a single thicker battery. He only had 5v thick type, and 3v slim type (X2=6v), if I'm stuck i guess start a lower voltage and try it.
Thought this was original equipment due to the key and remote being the one unit.
Danc.