Frost Problems????

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2004, 01:12 PM
PaulC555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Frost Problems????

Hi All
Anyone ever had problems with the frost affecting their alarm and immobiliser. Have a Thatch Cat 1 Sigma alarm and its gone mad over the last few weeks with the frost. Locking me out, locking me in, immobilising the car of its own free will etc.....
just paid 150£ to get it deactivated..... anybody had the same problem or is it knackered....
cheers
Old 20 December 2006, 11:35 PM
ermin
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frost Probelems and Alarm/imobiliser

Over the last 2 days the temperature has been below 0 in the mornings and car - 95 wrx import with Clifford installed alarm/imobilier is covered in frost.

On morning 1, the alarm went off while still in the house.My key fob would not deactivate the alarm, so had to wait around 5 minutes until it finally shut off. After this key fob did nothing - nop unlocking, no alarm on or off. There was still power to the radio though.

I borrowed my partners car and later that evening the car was back to normall with the fob opening and locking car, activatiing and deactivating the alarm.

That night i left the alarm switched off. Next morning it was frosty again and the fob wouldn't work ,car wouldn't start.

I got a call later on from my partner saying the alarm had gone off, maybe because the sun had come up and was melting the frost.

Should frost be a problem with a clifford alarm/imobiliser?

Also , is there a way to stop the alarm, apart from opening the bonnet and cutting the wire to the alarm speaker?