Sponsored by:

New or used wrx wagon??

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2004, 04:19 PM
zesty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New or used wrx wagon??

I am after buying myself a wrx wagon and have a choice as to buy new or used, if I buy an 03/53 used then I can get one from 16-19k depending if dealer or private, if I buy new my nearest dealer can do one for a bit over 19k. The problem with used is that there arent that many to be found privately and the ones from the dealer are not that much cheaper than new, the problem with buying new is that I will be the one to lose money from depreceation from day one. I am in a bit of a quandary, got any ideas?
Old 27 February 2004, 05:20 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

From what you seem to be saying is suggests that nearly new wagons are a bit of a rareity and as such are holding their value well as indicated by little difference in the new and nearly new prices. If this is the case, the depreciation hit on new won't be as bad as you may think. However, perhaps more importantly, how soon do you want the car? If you want it quick then new looks like the way to go.
Old 27 February 2004, 06:15 PM
zesty
Scooby Regular

I dont know if used ones are harder to find because there are less of them or if I am just looking in the wrong places. If I bought new are there any places to try for a better price than the dealer quoted (uk model only)?