G-Reddy Gauges FAULTY - HELP !!

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2004, 09:56 AM
bondyuk
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry G-Reddy Gauges FAULTY - HELP !!

Hi,
I have a 1998 STI which is a import, when I bought the car it was complete with Greddy Boost Gauge and Greddy Oil Temp Gauge....

Recently the Oil Temp gauge has just stop working ? all it does is sit registering zero with a red light flashing ?? Also the Boost gauge is registing 0.5 Bar while the car is on tickover, weird or what...

As it was in subaru for a service I asked them to have a look and confirmed the was no ECU faults and cleaned all my turbo pipes etc.. They have insisted the Gauge is faulty and registering wrong...

Does anyone no any common faults or repairs for these clocks cos i believe they are exspensive, they have a memory button and also a warning dial to set your warning light?

HELP !!!
Old 11 February 2004, 02:53 PM
Cheryl
Scooby Regular

Might have something to do with wiring? or the gauge itself? but you would need someone to look at it who fits them. We fit them to skylines alot, i can ask one of the guys here, as he has them in his scooby.
Old 12 February 2004, 03:25 PM
bondyuk
Scooby Newbie

Default REPLY TO CHERYL

Originally Posted by Cheryl
Might have something to do with wiring? or the gauge itself? but you would need someone to look at it who fits them. We fit them to skylines alot, i can ask one of the guys here, as he has them in his scooby.
What I really could do with is the Installation instructions and find out how many little electronic boxes are hiding which control the gauge.. If you could have a word with one of you mates that would be great..!!

Cheers Cheryl..
Old 12 February 2004, 06:07 PM
flat4
\m/ ^_^ \m/

Location: 2010 Time Attack Club Pro Champion - Powered by ScoobyClinic

there should be a white box inside the car somewhere shaped like a door wedge, then for the boost gauge you need to follow the t-piece off the inlet manifold to a widget then that goes to a sensor in the engine bay aswell (they are all label G-Reddy to help)- then to the white box, not sure how the oil temp works but must be similar

kev