Sponsored by:

cheap blinder diffusers

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2004, 08:18 PM
jono400
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cheap blinder diffusers

Can someone please let me into the secret off the web suddendly being filled with adverts for sub £100 blinder radar diffusers ?? !! have just been by e-bay and noticed several brand new ones available at " buy it now " for well under £100, and with uk sources as well !! which when compared with the other makes is well cheap !!

after all, they are well respected these blinders !! offer two remote sensors, etc, am I missing something ?? possible us spec versions which are somehow different to uk models ?? differnet freq`s etc ??

cheers,
john...
Old 09 February 2004, 02:34 AM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Dunno. But I'd like to know the same too. Only thing I have found out that its an older model (M-06).

If there aren't any drawbacks then its a bargain.
Old 09 February 2004, 02:22 PM
jono400
Scooby Regular

Default RE.

Okay being doing a little homework on these blinder m-06`s !! seems these particular jammers
are " always on " by that I mean they are sending out a jamming signal at all times, as opposed to the newer / different makes off jammer which only switch on when a laser signal is detected.

not a big problem is it ??
would also not be much off a problem to enable it to be made switchable so as to only be firing when the power is connected ?? but again dont see what is wrong with it being " on alert " at all times !!

according to one or two off the adverts on e-bay for them, these ones are also able to fool the laser gun into believing they are not being jammed , simply displaying a fault within the received speed reading !!

with so much interest in this type off licence protector at the moment, am surprised more folks are not picking up on these apparant bargains ??!!

myself will waitt just that little bit longer to find out if there is a catch with them ?? which with my luck in life is nearly every time !!!!!!!!!

anyone offer any further info ??
Old 09 February 2004, 02:37 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Thumbs down

Its an old model which i believe constantly fires its laser to jam...which makes it easier to detect as if you drive past a police speed gun and they cant get a reading they WILL know its being jammed.

New ones fire laser back, sound an alarm and then shut off (allowing you to check/adjust speed) and then the police laser device can get a reading and not causing any suspision.

Also not sure if its compatible with my Electric gate and garage door

I'm going for an Target LRC100 myself.

Bob
Old 10 February 2004, 01:33 PM
jono400
Scooby Regular

BTTT !!!

Anyone else noticed this possible bargain ?? buy it now at £85 from one seller !!
Old 10 February 2004, 02:05 PM
mobilecentre
Scooby Newbie

The problem with "always" on blinders is they use a cheaper infa red diodes which after a while will burnt out. Which is why 12/18 months down the line the faliure rate of blinders over the LRC100 is higher. The LRC100 brings up an error code on the Lti 20-20 laser gun NOT a jam code. The older version LE 850 will make the gun show a jam code.