Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Options on fitting cibies....

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2000, 04:52 PM
D Noble
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a pair of oscar+'s, ive seen a fitting kit made up of two straps of steel,crossed,and fitted to original mounting points in place of fogs,with washers added on /taken away at the end for adjustment.is this a proper kit or home made where can i get one?? also, the lamp seemed to be mounted by a bolt in the center of the casing,if this is the case, does it give you a "shoogly" beam.
and lastly i presume one would have to drill out existing mounting point on case,has anyone bothered filling in the holes??

any tips suggestions would be appreciated

regards
D
Old 08 June 2000, 05:09 PM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

This is not a Scoobysport Cibie kit.

Old 08 June 2000, 05:21 PM
MartinM
Scooby Regular

A shoogly beam - that's a new one on me. Would I want one or would I not want one?
Old 08 June 2000, 09:22 PM
Hermanator
Scooby Regular

Wink

That install sounds a bit micky mouse.

I fitted a pair of Oscar Lemans cornering lamps, they do not have a back shell but you use the bodywork mounting ring with adjusters, these are supplied with the lamp units.You will have to buy the small mounting rings for yours.You need to drill extra mounting holes (4) and flush rivet floating captivated nuts behind. I used 4 polyurethane rubber spacers to remove any vibrations that may blow bulbs (shockabsorber bump rubers will work). The end result is a pair of lamps that are much lower profile than any of the aftermarket kits i have seen, fully adjustable in any direction and perform brilliantly. But if you do not have the correct tools or experiance to do it properly as well as make a good quality wiring harness (do not use those filthy scotchlocks, you want a raychem mini splice or equivelent) then you should just buy one of the two good quality kits from either Scoobysport or PIAA. Which ever you choose the difference will be like night and day.
Old 09 June 2000, 06:04 PM
D Noble
Scooby Regular

Hermanator,thanks for your advice,im quite handy with wiring,so that doesnt put me off,although i would like to try a kit for my existing oscars though
Pete Croney, can i buy just the fitting kit on its own,your website just quotes full thing.
and Martin,you definatly DONT want a shoogly beam...
regards