Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where to go from here

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2004, 09:40 AM
milo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok i have a fairly common set-up.. my96 wrx, full decat, filter, scoobyecu.

im considering more power. but what's the next step - headers, injectors, fuel pump, fmic?

and more to the point, will it actually make a major difference to power, or because i have a pre-mapped (i.e. non-custom) ecu chip, would i need to consider swapping it out for a custom map if i upgrade the car further?

in other words, has anyone with a scoobyecu gone further with mods (on a non-custom map) - and if so what did u do and was it worth it?

i dont really want to have to spend thousands to extract only a few more bhp/lbs so will keep the current set-up and save up for a type r or 22b if thats the case
Old 15 January 2004, 06:31 PM
milo
Scooby Regular

Question

?
Old 15 January 2004, 07:16 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

milo, I'm no expert but maybe look at improving the TMIC to either a MY99 STi one or maybe a 3rd party one.

As you've got a MY96 try speaking to Rich Wild. He has a MY96 running circa 350 bhp.
Old 15 January 2004, 07:25 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
There are various ways but you have to consider the life of your engine, how many miles has it done?
Old 15 January 2004, 07:26 PM
Gatso Busters
Scooby Regular

Wink

How about a Micro Road Pilot and LRC100 Laser Jammer - the ultimate in mods .....

Cheers

Robert
Old 15 January 2004, 09:39 PM
milo
Scooby Regular

cheers guys!

but would an uprated intercooler actually add any power, or would it just protect the engine better? given that i have a scoobyecu, aren't all the parameters like fuelling, boost etc set already, so if i were to put any bolt-on mods on without altering the chip, i'll just end up with the same power?

with regards to the engine.. its done around 60k i guess. all light-ish miles, mostly motorway, never been thrashed etc. hasn't missed a beat so far (touch wood), but i have had the car for like 7 years, so admittedly its getting on a bit. is 60k miles too much for trying to tune more than what i have (im guessing 280ish bhp?)? would i be better off sticking with what ive got for now and saving up for a low mileage sti type r or something?

thinking out loud i guess.. but id be interested in any bolt-on mods that will *definitely* add power to my car and will be easily transferrable to a type r or 22b if i upgraded in a couple of years.
Old 16 January 2004, 09:42 AM
milo
Scooby Regular

bump for help from the morning folks!