Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Impreza for £16,699?

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2004, 10:38 AM
Paul Woodward
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I noticed that new Impreza Turbos were going for £16,699 at Motorpoint, has anyone had any dealings with these and are they any good? This seems like a pretty good deal to me.
Old 09 January 2004, 11:00 AM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

If you do a search on Motorpoint I think you will find they source them from Cyprus or something and is outside the EU. So it does not carry the PAN european warranty.

Damian.
Old 09 January 2004, 11:04 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

As Damian saya try a search on this, they do source cars from outside the EU.

You may well require a warranty from a UK company, a decent bells and whisltes warranty not fuull of holes, Motorpoint may well offer a warranty but check for exclusions, it wanrts to be as comprehensive as a Subaru one really.

Mayu be issues with underseal/corrosion protection + alarm, locking wheel nuts to name a few. It is worth comparing like for like as the car spec may be different.

Paul
Old 09 January 2004, 11:19 AM
GU5
Scooby Regular

Will they still be this price when Cyprus joins the EU??
Old 09 January 2004, 11:24 AM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Try direct cars in sheffield mate,Usually around the same price and are EU spec,
Once contacted motorpoint about a clio 172,Advert said £11495,Final on the road figure was £12179(hum!)
Old 09 January 2004, 12:02 PM
Paul Woodward
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the info!
Old 09 January 2004, 01:20 PM
mcscoobydoo
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I ordered one a few months before Xmas from MP. Check out my post Cyprus Import scoobys around Oct / Nov. The basic price was £16599 then add their extended three year warranty (Not an IM warranty - independant with £1k limit per claim), alarm, road fund etc. It works out around £18k. You dont get side airbags and seats are different.
I cancelled purely because the delivery date kept moving and I got last minute nerves over potential cost to service etc being non EU car, Subaru could possibly charge more or may decline to service.

I now drive a UK 53 plate mica blue WRX. It cost me slightly more than the import. But the finance terms made up for the difference -(I worked 'em real hard and got better rate than IM rep could get for himself) .Shop around the main dealers and you will get a deal to compare if peace of mind is your main priority. If you are happy to run the Cyprus import, there are plenty of guys on here who can recommend somewhere to service and look after your scoob !

Good luck
MCSCOOBYDOO

Oh yeh, the other main reason for my change of heart, PPP! you cant put it on the Cyprus import unless you fly it to Cyprus and have it fitted their !
Although, there are plenty of other mods that do just as well apparently.

The usual replies came in - Its all down to personal

Trending Topics

Old 09 January 2004, 03:02 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

I heard bad stories about Motorpoint in Burnley as regards Scoob purchase. Initial price as you quote but so many standard things were 'extra' inc things like underseal. The guy ended up paying about £18.5k I think. and it kept not being delivered until in the end he deicded to cancel his order. They told him he couldn't cancel because it was already on it's way. Then miraculously it turned up the next day

If it sounds to good to be true...

One of the other lads here was telling me about it - if you want the details I'll ask him for specifics on Mon. - Maybe he will post some more info!

Mick
Old 09 January 2004, 03:58 PM
keevster
Scooby Regular

exactly true guys. i had contacted them a while back, final price on the road was 18500, and that was with there worthless warranty.

you would probably be crazy to purchase from there as you can get a UK car over the net from drive the deal for around 18500 on the road. so i know what i would choose.

keevster