Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Alarming news

Search this Thread

Old 02 June 2000, 08:48 PM
CLS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to be so 'alarmist ' but I really need some help as to the best thatcham 1. I also need to know whether to get a disklok or an autolock.
Help Please

Old 02 June 2000, 09:39 PM
rik.c
Scooby Regular

Wink

CLS, all thatcham cat 1 alarms are to the same standard as they have all been tested the same, i personally think you can't go wrong with a clifford system i've got the G4 concept 300 on my STI and have had no problems, contact Phil at A TO B alarms on 07957337317 they can fit at your home or place of work standard of install was topps.
As far as disklock or autolock are concerned then any visual deterant is a bonus but put your trust in the alarm. hope this is of some help.
Old 02 June 2000, 11:03 PM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

Another train of thought is as follows:

As everyone who values their car has a Clifford, the theiving git fraternity make it their business to know how to get round Cliffords.

One could argue that an equally secure, but lesser known brand would be more successful at thwarting thieves due to their lack of knowledge of those devices.

At least that was my strategy.

Old 03 June 2000, 11:30 AM
Showtime
Scooby Regular

Clifford 300..pah..broken down twice in 6M
see my thread 'will somebody stop that !'

The Cliffod 'brain' has been replaced twice, the antenna once and the siren once.. gibber gibber
..get a sigma or a toad or something..not a clifford
Old 03 June 2000, 02:00 PM
karlo
Scooby Regular

Red face

That is true.
The system that I have on my car that has STOPPED my car vanishing 5 times is NOT a CLIFFORD. I have had a clifford but it kept on false alarming and IMHO was too expensive for what it can do. I have found a cheaper one that does as many functions and possibly more than the clifford I had.( this was not on my subaru but on previous car)
Hopes this helps
Also my complete wheel lock my have helped also but it did not stop them from still having a go at the car
Regards
Karlo

[This message has been edited by karlo (edited 03-06-2000).]
Old 04 June 2000, 10:39 AM
kryten
Scooby Regular

Must admit that _some_ cliffords do have their problems: my concept 50 had two brains and a new mircroware, but that was really a UK only model. My Eagle 2 never had a problem in 3 years.

I know a lot of people who have had cliffords over the years, only a few of which have had problems (all concept 50s!) plus most of the car hi-fi shops i've got to know have all had their cars kitted out with cliffords (even one that mainly sold Toad alarms!).

May be worth considering getting one of the Auto Tasers though: I know that one of these stopped a very nice Alpine TFT display going walkies a while back.