Sponsored by:

Is it just me....

Search this Thread

Old 08 December 2003, 09:54 PM
Viper61
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

or does anyone else suffer from 'Volvo Sydrome' at this time of the year?

Let me explain... I've had my scoob for 6 very happy months now (MY00)and really can't find fault (except usual gripes about MPG etc, but hey it's worth it really) until recently. Shortly after picking it up I realised that it's not fitted with one of those helpfull but oh so anoying lights on buzzers as the lights go off when you switch off. Nice idea I thought until recently. Given like most of you I get home after dark I've got used to just switching off and because there's no lights on the dash or buzzer I just get out, lock up and go indoors. Problem is next day I realise I've turned into a Volvo driver 'cause I'm driving round with my fecking lights on!

Help me someone!!!!!!
Old 08 December 2003, 11:18 PM
my00scooby
Scooby Regular

Personally speaking I think the Scoob has it just right, I prefer to have lights on at all times so people can easily see me coming, and not having to turn the stalks every time I get into the car suits me fine!
And no I don't drive like a volvo driver or have a caravan attached to the back of my car
Old 08 December 2003, 11:22 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

I always have sidelights on so i like the lights off with ignition feature. I park up against the house so usually notice that they are on if i go out in the light. Sometimes don't notice tho LOL

Andy
Old 08 December 2003, 11:38 PM
Geddon
Scooby Regular

nothing wrong with lights on at this time of year- the more visible the better. Always put lights on when I had a bike for that reason. Also your battery don't go flat due to leaving lights on
Old 08 December 2003, 11:51 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I did this, until, one day, I found out that there is a rotary switch on the left stalk to take care of it .... since I have turned that rotary switch at night my Volvo problem has disappeared!! It was bl00dy clever of Subaru to think of such a switch .... what do you all think?

Pete
Old 09 December 2003, 01:56 PM
Viper61
Scooby Regular

Glad to see it's not just me then. I agree lights at this time of the year is a good idea and I always ride my bike with the lights on. It was just that I've not noticed any other scoob drivers around with their lights on in broad daylight, especially when it's sunny

Call me paranoid, though it was just me!!

[Edited by Viper61 - 12/9/2003 1:56:59 PM]