Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running in, please pass where ever you like

Search this Thread

Old 05 December 2003, 07:06 PM
MowbrayWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I decided to-day to have a nice quiet drive out in my 03WRX to get a few more miles on the clock before my 1000 mile service.
I was driving towards the Fosse way from Leicester on a duel carrigeway when I noticed a silver V reg Evo with Rallyart Mud flaps come screaming up behind me. The road has in a 60 mph limit and I was doing 55mph overtaking a car on my nearside just at the end of the dual carrigeway. I pulled in and the Evo just had to overtake both me and the car that I over took, but more importantly overtake me entering in the no-go diagonal marked centre zone throwing up all the sh*t and corruption all over my new paintwork.
He stopped up the road at some traffic lights then pulled in to a Shell garage.

What an absolute ar*****e.

Sorry just to get it off my chest.

Tony S

Old 05 December 2003, 07:16 PM
ramdor
Scooby Regular

pulled in to a Shell garage
Yeah proally had to fill up the thimble fuel tank with Optimax after the pointless overtake used it all up [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Richie.

[Edited by ramdor - 12/5/2003 7:27:22 PM]
Old 05 December 2003, 07:25 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

Angry

What a complete tw@t. I have every sympathy as this has happened to me. I still like to look after my car even though its nearly 2 years old and one thing that really annoys me is some tosser who overtakes dangerously just to attempt to prove that his car is "better than your car". I got two annoying bonnet chips from a git in a tdci Focus who overtook me dangerously whilst I was minding my own business on an A road at 55mph in a stream of traffic.I didn't think it was safe to overtake but he did into the path of an oncoming lorry spewing stones as he cut me up[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 05 December 2003, 07:27 PM
iDLe*
Scooby Regular

Ha ha - think of all the peeps that say that about the scooby ownerz on here flying past them
Old 05 December 2003, 07:43 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
Wink

I hate running in

Although it play handy on a trip up the motorway to the airport, I was varying the speed a little, but basically stayed at 75-80mph but no faster as that's above the 3k rpm threashold

When a Volvo T5 comes blatting up in the rear mirror at a pace, not sure where the hell he came from. He then hovers very closely to my rear bumper - in a boyracer fashion. I was in lane 3 overtaking, and I noticed very clearly that the driver and passenger was in uniform

I move over to lane 2 once clear, but they decide to follow me in sniffing distance of my rear bumper. I was doing about 70-75mph by now.

Can't understand what they were playing at, they followed me for a few miles, following my lane changes and not backing off more than a car length. They couldn't think I was "suspicious" as my rear window is tinted - and thus they wouldn't see my face in the mirror looking at them. And the plates are legal etc.

They carried on for a few more miles, by then I was rather peeved off at this. So I thought to hell with this, moved to lane 1 and proceeded to chug along with the trucks at a sedate 55mph. It was only by then they decided to break off and overtake.

But the moral is: If I wasn't running in I would have been doing 85-90 instead (oh yes I do speed, did'nt you know that? !)! So it saved me a telling off by plod and some points!