Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Group buy on Blinder laser jammers.

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2003, 07:23 AM
Nezz10
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been chatting to my sources in the US and am in the process of getting some good prices for the M20/M30 and M40 Blinder units.

Blinder website here

The M10 Blinder unit was renamed to the Snooper SLD920 which has worked really well in the UK.

The M20,M30 and M40 units are exactly the same as the M10 but with more sensors/jammers. The M20 has 2 the M30 has 3 and the M40 has 4. I am in talks to find out if the M20 can be used as one in front/one in rear protection. The M10 is commonly used for motorbikes so I see now reason why the M20 will not works as said above.

Talks are still in progress and I am still waiting for some replys but the best price so far is

M20 - £130
M40 - £230

These prices do not include postage which would be between $175 and $200 for 12 units so about £8.50 minimum each.

On top of this there is the duty that needs paying of which I am not sure what it is, I would hazard a guess at the final price +VAT but do not know - any clarification on this would be good.

When the final price has been agreed one person will need to sort out the logistics of the whole thing. I would do this but at a cost (£10 each) because I have organised group buys before and know how much time and effort is needed to get things going smoothly.

Anyway, post here if you are intereseted initially and I will report back with more details as I have them

Anybosy wishing to do the logistics please email me and we can talk further.

Nezz.
Old 21 November 2003, 10:32 AM
jono400
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interested mate, please keep me posted.
john..
Old 21 November 2003, 10:43 AM
jason4656
Scooby Regular

at around that price im interested but one thing, i have yet to see anyone tell me they work? if you can point me in that direction where genuine every day users are saying yes it worked, then ill buy one for sure, just not convinced
Old 21 November 2003, 10:58 AM
bits'n'pieces
Scooby Regular

I'm interested in one, but aren't they a tad illegal over here old chap ?
Old 21 November 2003, 11:14 AM
Impret-Sir
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Jason, I saw a test on the Fifth Gear TV program that showed that these things definately "do what they say on the tin" However, I am sure that they are ileagal in this country, and Im not sure if they will fool the police anyway, because if they see that their signal is being jammed/bounced when they aim the gun at you then they will give you a pull anyway. When the find the jammer, (its got to be mounted on the front of the car, usually behind the grill, so clearly visable,) they will do you for that instead!
Old 21 November 2003, 11:27 AM
Nezz10
Scooby Regular

"To be used at drivers discression"
Old 21 November 2003, 11:36 AM
Big Daz
Scooby Regular

Smile

Interested as well, more gadjets the better !!

Big Daz
Old 21 November 2003, 11:42 AM
jono400
Scooby Regular

Think this whole diffuser working / not working ?? situation is really confusing folks now ?? myself included !! the lrc100 that was supposdly one off the uk`s best diffusers ?? is starting to get some real life feedback in saying that folk are passing these "safety vans" with there " box off tricks " not responding ?? which is slightly worrying, okay saying that the camera may not be fully set -up ?? but its starting to happen to many times now ?? more so recently, as many favorable comments on them being used succusfully up till just recently, which honestly makes me wonder if the goals have possibly been moved ?? can they be moved ?? differnet freq`s ?? anti-jammer proof ?? have had a good look at the blinder website and yep, they do look good / well proven, and as I say am certainly interested if the price remains somwhere near too this figure, just think to get the ball rolling again, we will have to get this " will it /wont it " work out on the road ?? situation cleared up- anyone in the know ????
Old 21 November 2003, 11:44 AM
S Page
Scooby Regular

When it was shown on "Fith Gear" they stated that fixing correctly was very important as the bloke who fitted it said many he had seen were just pointing to the stars.
It works by jamming the signal once giving you a visual and audible warning, it then switchs off. The theory is it:
a, tells you your being zapped
b, hopefully you slow down to the correct speed limit before the camera operator tries again.
c, with the unit switching off automatically (resetting) after one hit it is hoped that the camera operator will not suspect that you have a jammer, just a misreading on the camera. However if it stayed on continuosly jamming the camera readings the operator would most definitely realise your upto no good.
There not legal in the uk, but dont they come packaged as garage door openers or is that another product, so are only legal to use to open garage doors.

would be interested at the right price.
i think customs charges are applicable to any item over the value of £20. when importing.
Old 21 November 2003, 12:46 PM
uksti
Scooby Regular

To digress a bit...

my SLD920 went off the other day when I was following a Beemer in heavy traffic - anyone know if they are sensitive to reversing sensors ?

No sign of plod anywhere.

Baz
Old 21 November 2003, 02:39 PM
Nezz10
Scooby Regular

If you are interested in if they work see:

here
here
and here

After speaking again to my US contact it would appear that with bikes because the number plate and head light are so close together (targets aimed for), they only need one so with cars; two are normally needed for full protection.

[Edited by Nezz10 - 11/21/2003 2:40:08 PM]
Old 21 November 2003, 04:11 PM
jono400
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the continuing information regarding the blinder, yep, the old story off "two heads are better than one" is probably never been truer in this case anyway !! as have mentioned before was informed a couple off weeks ago by one off these laser camera operators that the spread from one off there latest laser cameras is now only 12 inches !! meaning one that one sensor fitted thiteen inches away could miss it ??!! so agrea that two sensors would be better suited to most cars uk driven cars.

think the only thing with quoting on line links to sites that give info on a certain units effectivness or not !! is that people only have to start hearing off these folks with there non functioning gadgets worth what amounts to several hundred pounds before no amount off what is said in reviews, etc people will be be wary , and rightly so !!

the "ukspeedtraps" site, which is probably one off the best and most respected speed related websites out there, gave a review off the lrc100 as one off the best diffusers and probably still is, but thats little consalation to the folk who start heading towards a camera van and there lrc100 fails to alert them !! could be this initial set up that is the problem ?? no expert here !! tend to think it will be!! because as we have all been told before they do require some critical set up, despite what some will claim as untrue- they do !! remember the 12 inches off laser scatter ??!! sitting off the head /s could mean all the difference between detection or not !!

deffinately still interested thou mate !! but would after the above comments !! obviously have to be the twin headed model !! any more costs / estimated times, yet ??

just one other thing mate, I take it that these american spec diffsers ( are they ) ?? are uk compatable ?? ie. will work with the latest uk police laser guns ??

cheers,
john...
Old 21 November 2003, 04:44 PM
lozzaloz
Scooby Regular

They can tell you're jamming them with a Blinder / Snooper.

The LRC 100 is best because it uses laser which these don't.
Old 21 November 2003, 04:58 PM
jono400
Scooby Regular

Sorry mate youve lost me there !! "uses laser where they dont" ??
Old 21 November 2003, 05:23 PM
pele
Scooby Regular

Cool

I have 2 sets of these front & rear & had them tested Saturday - yes they work!
Old 21 November 2003, 06:19 PM
jono400
Scooby Regular

Is there laser trap situations in the uk where you would be hit from behind, hence a need for rear mounted laser sensors / diffusers ?? as here in scotland its normally just the pavement mounted van set up, to catch on - comming speeders, how are the rear laser hits normally carried out ?? anyone ??.....
Old 21 November 2003, 06:21 PM
rotty
Scooby Regular

Jono400

I think he means that the LRC100 used a proper laser to jam the gun where the others use a cheaper LED
Old 21 November 2003, 06:23 PM
S Page
Scooby Regular

Jono400

Those camera's in vans or the mobile ones used on the pavement can get a car going eitherway, dont think your safe because the camera's pointing at oncoming traffic!!!!
Old 21 November 2003, 06:39 PM
MowbrayWRX
Scooby Regular

Hi all
Heard a little birdy say that perhaps what has happened to the Gatsos might now be happening with some Safety Camera Vans ie.

Not all Gatsos have cameras in them, perhaps the same applies to some of the vans, and now being used as a deterent rather than a speed checker.

Tony S
Old 21 November 2003, 07:20 PM
jono400
Scooby Regular

Ah could this be the cause off this great " mines not responding to the camera van " saga ??!!

thanks for the additional info chaps, appreciatted,
Old 22 November 2003, 02:12 PM
Missile Man
Scooby Regular

I think we might be missing a fundamental point here:

The police are only supposed to use laser guns etc. to confirm their suspicion that a vehicle is exceeding the speed limit. Therefore they do not target all vehicles.

I can confirm this is correct, having seen an actual video taken by a police laser camera unit when - ahem - checking something out with them.

In addition the operator has to have a clear view of the "target" vehicle, which is not always the case. They almost always aim at the number plate (front or rear) to get a reading.

Hence in many cases those with the LRC100 etc would not be alerted simply because they passed a speed check (would anyone deliberately drive past a speed check over the speed limit???).

This does not mean the unit is not working, but of course the only way to be sure is to get it professionally tested, as they do sometimes go wrong (again I speak from experience).

Hope this helps.
Old 22 November 2003, 08:16 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

With regard to the ****** targetting the rear of the car. I was driving south on the A34 last week around Abingdon. On the northbound on slip road on the opposite carriageway I could see a squad car parked up the top of the slip road with the guy stood behind it targetting cars on A34 northbound that had already passed his junction. Bast*rds.
Old 24 November 2003, 07:21 AM
Nezz10
Scooby Regular

So who is actually interested? If you are not interested in the group buy, start another thread to discuss your troubles.

Buyers:

Nezz10 - M40 probably
Jono400