Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

buying a scooby

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2003, 08:17 PM
nearlyascoobyowner
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone give me some pointers as to what i should be looking for when buying a second hand scooby and any other advice you have all hints and tips will be greatfully recieved i have a buget of around 7K

[Edited by nearlyascoobyowner - 11/16/2003 8:18:56 PM]
Old 16 November 2003, 08:44 PM
petes555
Scooby Regular

Smile

What sort of Scoob you looking for ?
WRX STi Turbo Sport UK or Import
Does your Budget include insurance ?
Look in the for sale section on here, Some of the cars are value for money and generally have a few mods already done to them, ie- Brakes Alarms Trackers Spoilers etc etc All things you will be spending your hard earn cash on in the future,
As for what to look for at that sort of money is just the same as buying any other car, always have them checked out by Rac or AA as you would rather loose £90 rather than 7grand !!!!

If you had another grand and was a bit nearer to London Id be trying to sell you mine !!!!!!

Good Luck

Pete
Old 16 November 2003, 08:49 PM
nearlyascoobyowner
Scooby Newbie

that`s it i don`t really know what i want, all i know is it`s a scooby i want i would like all the work to have been done with im reason and a P reg or newer
Old 16 November 2003, 10:48 PM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

Hi mate

Some interesting points made here

Pete
Old 16 November 2003, 10:51 PM
smithers
Scooby Regular

I was in the same boat a year ago mate, Id wanted one for years and then when things got sorted out I didnt know exactly what to go for.Youve come to the right place for advice and ideas also see the FAQ sheets on the SIDC website.I was aiming at the 7k mark but ended up paying another £1500 to get what I really wanted. You will find hundreds of WRX (imports) for that sort of money on the Auto Trader website some good some not so good. An you will pick up a UK on a P-S depending on mileage cond etc. I was put off imports by the insurance in my circumstances nearly double a UK car. They do have a higher spec and are more powerfull but I managed to get a 99 UK car with FSSH in the right colour for my money and the insurance didnt cripple me, it was a case of old WRX an stupid insurance or go for what I did. I was worried I was doing the right thing when I picked up my car as the wife was 8 months pregnant but I new if I didnt get it then (April) Id never get one.7 months on still loving every drive and my daughter likes it 2. Happy hunting.
Old 16 November 2003, 11:07 PM
scoobey555
Scooby Regular

im having the same fun been to look at about 9 cars now and still not seen one nice one but im looking for a sti or a sti ra so im having lots of fun hope u find a good one..
Old 16 November 2003, 11:15 PM
bartmanuk
Scooby Regular

some good points made smithers,
i to looked at scoobs for a few years b4 getting the money together about 5 mths ago,was looking at spending about 9k for a my99 turbo with about 50-60k miles,and after a month of looking i found a uk my98 that was registered in feb 99 for 7.5k,it had 64000 miles and a few mods,FSSH and still had 8 mths warranty,so take your time and dont rush into a buy m8...
oh and smithers i understand wot you meant by getting it b4 the missus had the baby,mines due to drop in 2 weeks so i done it with a couple of mths to spare...

BM
Old 16 November 2003, 11:19 PM
nearlyascoobyowner
Scooby Newbie

thanks for the replies i have not been to look at any yet just trying to sort out what i want an hoping you ppl will help me out i don`t want a dog looks like it`s going to take longewr than i thought to find the right one this is really helpfull and much appreciated cheers
Old 16 November 2003, 11:27 PM
smithers
Scooby Regular

Cheers Bartmanuk n good luck with the baby. You wont be able to stay up this late soon M8, you can always log on during feeds.