FAO Turbo Kitty

Search this Thread

Old 15 November 2003, 12:36 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Dear TurboKitty

It is with immense disappointment, that I find myself having to make a statement concerning this subject.

Over many months, all of the Scoobynet Team have worked extremely hard to try to extinguish the apparent disruption that has been fuelled by your behaviour/persona within these forums. The team have on many occasions, tried to mediate and advise on why instances have arisen and how you could have approached and tackled them.

After you have been advised and on several occasions given direct requests, you have continued to act in an unacceptable way to the community and the Scoobynet Team.

Out of the 33000 members on Scoobynet, we receive without doubt more complaints about you than any other single member. So, your behaviour is not just deemed as unacceptable by the Scoobynet Team, but more importantly, by the Scoobynet community.

The decision as an end result of this has not been taken lightly (in fact this level of action is very rarely used and is the last resort), and we have done everything possible to avoid this action, but unfortunately we have been left with no other solution but to ban your member account from Scoobynet.

I sincerely hope you accept why this has been done, and hope that you manage to take something from this experience to address the way in which people interpret your personality.

It is clear to me, due to the number of emails we have received regarding you, that your internet persona is very different to your real life persona. For this reason, we believe this should not necessarily be a permanent ban as long as you are able to accept that this action really HAS genuinely come about due to your own conduct, not anyone elses.

It will take time for you to consider this, and I am (against advice from others) confident that you will not destroy any credibility you have by attempting to abuse the system and "get around" your ban. If this were to happen, the resulting action we would be forced to take would dissapoint the people who support your non-internet persona and leave you no grounds to come back.

It is important for everyone to realise, that TK is NOT on her own here. Other people also fuel this situation. The overriding factor in all of this, is that TK's conduct has finally reached the point where it warrants a ban, the others are not far behind.

If you wish to discuss this, you are more than welcome to email me at webmaster@scoobynet.co.uk

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 15 November 2003, 12:43 PM
yoza
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Others arent far behind....

Can we have league table please.
Old 15 November 2003, 01:11 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Smile

is that the only table LIVERPOOL will be at the top off
Old 15 November 2003, 01:19 PM
Numptie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Shame.
Old 15 November 2003, 01:37 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Seriously, am I the only one to have missed the problem?

Old 15 November 2003, 01:39 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

No I did too.

Chip.
Old 15 November 2003, 01:51 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

Me too
Old 15 November 2003, 02:04 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Unhappy

Everyone deserves a second chance, I hope she will be back soon, it was nice to have an alternate point of view to most others on the board.
Old 15 November 2003, 03:29 PM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
Shame. I thought that she had changed quite considerably recently.
Old 15 November 2003, 03:39 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Red face

TBH, i wasn't even aware there was a problem ?
Old 15 November 2003, 06:39 PM
Gary C
Scooby Regular

Can you give some examples of the complaints, so people know what is unacceptable.

Was this in the muppet section ?, if so why does it say enter at your own risk.

I was not aware of a problem either
Old 15 November 2003, 06:41 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

is turbo kitty "fit"?
Old 15 November 2003, 06:50 PM
Luke
BANNED

FOA: Turbo kitty

I am one who has had a good "fight with you". I am also a member who has had a warning (Very exclusive club...) from Simon.I enjoy this little world and found it easier to sit back a bit....

I have never met you..I dont always follow your posts.... But I found many of your views and opinions interesting. Maybe you went too far????? maybe you have become a Focus point.. lets be fair there are some very **** folk here on scoobynet..their only life is a subaru...

If I met you I would buy you a drink and introduce myself(No I am not on the Pull..)

Good luck to you...sure you will get the "Good to see the fat cow go " posts in this thread.... But I'm not going to join them.

Luke

In a real shyt place....
Old 15 November 2003, 06:54 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Luke,
Never would have guessed you were involveed in this.

Chip
Old 15 November 2003, 06:58 PM
Luke
BANNED

Chip

I have never made a complaint about her to any mod or webmaster.

maybe I am missing your point??

luke
Old 15 November 2003, 07:41 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Luke-If you are one of those who have received a warning then it's a pity, I often laugh at your comments.

Also I say that because everything in life is becoming so sterile and this place seems deemed to follow.

I know ScoobyNet has difficulty with certain things due to litigation threats etc but hey, when characters can't have an opinion which isn't necessarily pc then they may as well give up on life.

A stand for humour or an alternative opinion (let's face it, that's what it is) that doesn't fit in with this wussy society should be made.

I for one won't change to fit in with this póncy country, I hope there are folk on here that won't either.

Those who feel the need to run to the moderators or the webmaster are very weak in my opinion. Why don't they grow a backbone and learn to ignore those they don't agree with, or alternatively stand their ground on their opinion without resulting to feeling like it's a personal attack and then begin the insults themselves?

Having to ban someone for not being the norm is pathetic.

Bring back Turbokitty, leave Luke and the like alone and act like proper grown-ups I say.

Long live individuality.
Old 15 November 2003, 08:27 PM
currymonster
Scooby Regular

yeah can see your point, unless someones making threats or serious abuse, dont really see the need to tell tales. It's the old "if you dont like what's on the telly, then change the channel or turn it off" type arguement.

Mind you never saw any of her posts so better keep my big beak out of it!

Cal
Old 15 November 2003, 08:48 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Personally i think thats a very poor decision to ban TK.

I think anyone who has been around here a while must have noticed that a few members seemed to have it in for her,POC being one of them,always trying to put her down.No-one was given a harder time,or exposed to more personal insults than her...and now she's the one thats been banned????

Weird.

Old 15 November 2003, 10:34 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Luke,
I was takinthe **** as your never one to be far from controversy are you.

chip.
Old 15 November 2003, 10:48 PM
Nexuas
Scooby Regular

I have not been in touch wiht the most recent developments in this ongoing saga, but I used to frequent the muppet forum a lot, but found it stopped being a fun place, due to the many slanging matches that seamed to be taking place in there.

I did seam that many of these seamed to centre around TK. I may admit that she might have got a harder time of it than many others, but she had a unique ability to bite back after the most incocent of comments, and I think it will have been this biting back, that cause many more p[eople to have a go at taunting her? Maybe if she would have taken a step back and let a little more wash over her, then maybe, just maybe, people would not have continued to dig?

Just my two pence worth. I think quite a few people seam to take this BBS a bit too seriously?

It is not real keep in touch with real life?
Old 16 November 2003, 12:37 AM
Luke
BANNED

Unhappy

I made a promise to webmaster (Simon) and sammyh many months ago that I would stay off the Mod and Scoobynet bashing bit...

In many ways I am just as happy as they might be about the matter..

But It wont be long till someone posts a "We want to vote on the matter" It wont be me who puts my name to it. But i will vote.And I believe most will vote infavour of Turbo kitty . What then???? a huge debate???

God only knows....

I just hate that scoobynet has to (And I can understand sometimes) fit in with the stupid "PC" krap **** way of thinking that has destroyed the fabric of our country.

It wont be long until the Uk becomes like where I am posting from now.... And let me tell you thats bad.

If it turns into a fight who's going to win????

Chip: when you finish taking the ****..give it a good shake..

[Edited by Luke - 11/16/2003 12:38:05 AM]

[Edited by Luke - 11/16/2003 12:38:31 AM]
Old 16 November 2003, 01:15 AM
akshay67
Scooby Regular

Red face

What's all this about?

I've had a few exchanges with TK, where I admit her posts were rather ill-informed, and highlighted a certain amount of stupidity.

However, can't say it warranted a ban, since many others post in the same vein and generally highlights the cross-sections of views in real life...so what happend here???
Old 16 November 2003, 01:37 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

It's not about PC crap, it's about helping prevent the board from degenerating into slanging matches all the time.

Yes you get heated debates now and then, but when the slanging matches are always centered around certain people, they need to be muted, if only till they can work out that they are making things crap for everyone else.

Andy
Old 16 November 2003, 01:42 AM
Turbo_Steve
Scooby Regular

Cool

Guys,
Maybe you are missing the point here?

I have read many of TK's threads rather avidly, and despite her having some interesting and very valid opinions, and being a champion of the unsung, she was also highly...HIGHLY disruptive.

The little spat between her and POC (and her other 'fans') ruined many a thread that would have been otherwise amusing and interesting. And while we are mentioning 'sterile', TK repeatedly failed to show a sense of humour, or admit when she was wrong: for someone preaching tolerance, she was NOT that tolerant of the stupid or the mis-informed.

As has also been mentioned, TK is nice enough in reality, and I would like to stress that I personally have no problems with her.

However I have also followed the number of warnings, tellings off, advice and goodness knows what else from the moderators regarding her conduct.
She consistently failed to refrain from being a "keyboard ninja" and was again and again disruptive.

Again, I would like to stress that I have no problem with TK, but the fact that she had ignored MULTIPLE warnings about the smallest of things is, I feel, sufficient cause for a banning. I would expect nothing less for myself or for anyone else.

The rules for posting on the board really are quite simple, and if you are contacted (as TK was) and given advice about the quality of your posts, most people would eat a little humble pie and modify their online behaviour...at least for a time. Witness Luke, who has had the good sense to do exactly that.

If TK has chosen to ignore this advice, continually, and ignore the warning that she would be banned, then I see no other course of action.

I feel quite confident that once she has taken some time out to gather her thoughts and alter her approach slightly, eaten a little humble pie and apologised, then we will be seeing plenty of her contoversial but perhaps less vitriolic content in the future.

Old 16 November 2003, 10:08 AM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

I dont know wot TK has said or done and dont know her personally but we have had no problems or bad words said from her on our forum, maybe it's a reaction to other users on this forum that incites her to 'act' the way she supposedly does.

I am not getting involved in this as i havent seen anything that has incited the webmaster to give TK a ban but from wot i have read it seems that it all goes on in the 'muppet' section, surely if this is the case, wot is the problem as thats wot the section is meant for.

I never visit the muppet section so i have no idea wot goes on but i have never noticed TK saying or acting bad on any posts i have seen.

just my observations of course
Old 16 November 2003, 12:12 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Well said Turbo-Steve

Mikey
Old 16 November 2003, 01:38 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

rb5: she does it in NSR as well.

Andy
Old 17 November 2003, 09:34 AM
Luke
BANNED

tt
Old 17 November 2003, 09:44 AM
MadMark
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I don't know the history as I only joined the forum about 7 or 8 months ago - but this seems mad!
I know she has had a couple of spats with a couple of people in that time, but they have always inflamed the situation themselves. Surely nothing is that bad that warrants this?
I have always found TK highly amusing and high spirited - nothing more.

Sad day
Old 17 November 2003, 11:56 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

Unfortunately she does deliberately wind people up and one thread the other week she was winding POC up.

I know POC has his views but they both go out of their way to have an argument

This is not only POC and TK though but she doesn't know when enough is enough and to be quiet and maybe that's why people treat her the way they do.

I have personally met TK and even I have ended up in an argument with her when she took one of my comments the wrong way that wasn't aimed at her

This situation is never going to calm down while feelings are running so strongly

I think Scoobynet shouldn't just ban her because she gets provoked and responds (not in the best way though)

Paul

p.s this place is getting full of idiots these days now anyway