Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2000, 10:10 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Hi All
Just a quick question for you.
I made an order from a well known supplier of Scooby upgrades on March 10th, and I have not yet recieved the bits, is this the norm? had I known how long I was going to have to wait I would have placed the order when I ordered the damn car!
Ron
Old 10 May 2000, 10:23 PM
Paul Wilson
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mail me with who it is, if its who I think it is then yes but you will get them, don't bother to email the supplier though
Old 10 May 2000, 11:04 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Hi Paul
check your mail.
I've tried e-mailing them but to no avail, I'm just going to start making a nuisance of myself.
Ron
Old 11 May 2000, 07:48 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

If its who we think it is - posting on here, with the company name, is the best way to get a response!

Emails and phone calls won't do anything - (from my experience), but post here, and you normally get a response in hours.

Alternativly, cancel order, and go to GGR, Falkland or TAS - order by phone, pay by card, get parts within 24 hours.
Old 11 May 2000, 08:15 AM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

I have dealt with GGR a few times - VERY efficient - got parts (in stock) next day - same day in one urgent case !!

Ro
Old 11 May 2000, 09:58 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Cool

Right then Gary, on your head be it!
The name of the firm is 'Scoobysport'.
Is it who you thought it was?
Ron
Old 11 May 2000, 10:04 PM
JamesH
Scooby Regular

Talking

I placed an order with BPM before xmas & desite assurances etc, still waiting (ALK)....

I think if it turned up, I'd refuse it now.

I'm also not going to chase people who obviously aren't interested.
Old 11 May 2000, 10:20 PM
Scott J Davies
Scooby Regular

You've opened a can of worms here, I've had a number of experiences with Scoobysport. Overall I have been very pleased with the level of service, you have to remember that this is almost a cottage industry, and retailers are often in the lap of suppliers and the economic forces of supply and demand, look at Morgan.

The people at Scoobysport are enthusiasts and are always willing to accommodate and help with any problem you may encounter. And believe me I have had problems you would not believe with my car and always found that I can rely on SS for good reliable help and service.

Old 11 May 2000, 10:36 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

I emailed them at the start of the week to place and order for some stuff but they haven't bothered to respond.

Plenty of other people out there to take my business.

I did call them several times and took ages toi get through so I guess they are just snowed under. They reckoned about a month wait for a Scoobysport back box !!

I've used GGR and they are excellent.

AllanB
Old 25 May 2000, 03:59 PM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Hi guys

We have had problems getting some things out on time and are slow to answer e-mails. Its not that we can't be bothered, but that we have been deluged.

Our phones ring non stop. Not just with orders, but with people thinking about buying Imprezas, people with running problems and people who want info on products. We also get phone calls about SIDC events and membership enquiries. E-mails are the same and we get several hundred a day. We try to cope with all of this but have needed more capacity for a while. Its not about just having enough staff, its about having the right staff. Pete K, Rob Mac and myself all own Imprezas. When people ring, they are talking to a fellow owner, not just a telephone sales person.

If we don't get things to people on time, this is because we have been let down by our suppliers. This is a very occasional occurance, but I fully appreciate that people will make more noise when they get let down, than when we get it right. To get it right, we often drive to TNT's London depot to make sure late orders still arrive the next day.

This week, I have been out visiting our suppliers, discussing how we can improve supply times, to cope with demand.

Scoobysport has grown beyond my wildest imagination over the past few years and I will be able to make a major announcement about the service we provide at the end of June.

Please be assured that we are working flat out to make sure you enjoy your Impreza as much as we enjoy ours.
Old 25 May 2000, 06:21 PM
lokokkee
Scooby Regular

GaryC, you are right. The BBS is the best place to get an instant response. Forget e-mails and faxes, and UK is a bit too far for me to call.

Still waiting for bits and pieces.