ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

I have seen one..

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2000, 11:27 PM
MarkF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

At last i've seen one on the road...A P1!! Monday morning coming out of Wigton in Cumbria. What an aggressive stance on the road compared with other scoobs. Made my day..
Old 10 May 2000, 01:13 PM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Lucky Git!!!

still waiting...dum dee dum dee dee....guess mine will arrive eventually...geez I've not even seen one on the road..

Rum
Old 10 May 2000, 01:21 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Talking

Rum,
I suspect that your car is probably with my standard Turbo. I believe that they are both rolling loose in the hold of a rusting container ship, stuck in a typhoon in the south China Sea.

Geezer
Old 10 May 2000, 09:47 PM
Brad
Scooby Regular

Mark,I may have seen and sat in and started up the same car on saturday morning at pirelli internatonal rally it belonged to a dealer from carlisle.He said that he picked it up from quedgley on friday , the grin on his face said it all
Old 10 May 2000, 10:07 PM
Tim W
Scooby Regular

Talking

Saw one myself this morning, M40 southbound at about 7.50, about 2 miles south of Banbury...oh...that'd be it then...
Old 10 May 2000, 10:18 PM
Nightmare
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

think I saw one too - Sat morning, coming onto the A414 in Hertford. I waved, but the guy driving just kinda stared at me blankly! cant say I blame him really....the rear wing looked excellent (as did the rest )
Old 10 May 2000, 10:38 PM
JOHN BRODERICK
Scooby Regular

Smile

I saw one too. about 2 pm i was just turning over on my pillow when it came crusing trough my head along with a 22b .zzzzzzzz

[This message has been edited by JOHN BRODERICK (edited 10-05-2000).]
Old 11 May 2000, 01:01 AM
DaveW
Scooby Regular

I saw the one at the Pirelli as well. It was on the road by the airport and I got a wave as I went past (travelling the other way). Guess it belongs to Stan Palmers of Carlisle.

DaveW
Old 11 May 2000, 02:50 AM
Subie Gal
Scooby Regular

Wink

even I've seen one!!

er... at Knockhill... does that count?
Old 11 May 2000, 04:26 AM
rsquire
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Yeh there was one in our "convoy" back from Knockhill into Edinburgh, along with a couple of 22bs and the Delfino

Richard

Oh ps I absolutely hate the driving lights way too small for the cover they are mounted in.. The least they could have done for the money was to integrate them into the front end a little better..

[This message has been edited by rsquire (edited 11-05-2000).]
Old 11 May 2000, 08:48 AM
ColinW
Scooby Newbie

Sorry for my ignorance, but are the small lights in the front bumper actually driving lights or just smaller fog lights ?
Ok, just answered my own question, Subaru web page says 'driving lamps'.
Doh !

[This message has been edited by ColinW (edited 11-05-2000).]
Old 11 May 2000, 09:23 AM
JohnS

There was actually two at Knockhill, both taking part
Old 11 May 2000, 09:32 AM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

rsquire -
The small driving lights ape the ones on the WRC's - it's just fashion - I agree that they are ugly though, like the new twisted Levi's - eeuughh!
Charles
Old 11 May 2000, 05:31 PM
stuartl
Scooby Newbie

Cool

There will be another P1 hitting the road in the West Midlands on 9.00am Saturday MINE ........then I'm off to North Wales in it see you there
Old 11 May 2000, 07:22 PM
RobMac
Scooby Regular

Talking

All this talking about seeing one...

So what? I've driven one...

VERY quickly as well...

Rob.
Old 11 May 2000, 09:25 PM
MarkF
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hey RobMac, You don't half know how to p**s people off!! The best i've got apart from seeing the one on the road was an e-mail from Subaru telling me how much they were going to be.
Old 11 May 2000, 10:48 PM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Dum Dee Dum Dee Dee....yea yea yea....all this talk about sitting in them, driving them.....etc...*sigh*....you lot sure know how to make ol'Rum jealous!!!!
Old 11 May 2000, 11:12 PM
PhilHulse
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

And me!

Phil.
Old 11 May 2000, 11:26 PM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Still not heard anything Phil??

Ditto up here *S*.....getting well p***ed off....mind you, I'm getting used to the Punto !!!
Old 11 May 2000, 11:58 PM
PhilHulse
Scooby Regular

Rum,

Nah nothing yet. spoke to dealer Monday told him to speak to Allocations at IM to see if he could get some info. Not come back to me yet surprise surprise. Either he couldn't give a toss or he's got no clout whatsoever. Just wonder wether they are gonna pay me interest on my £1000 deposit they've had for 6 months. Still,on another thread 2 have been seen in Romford which is creeping up in my locality. I would love to know how Subaru decide where to send the cars first-what criteria they use. Obviously nothing to do with who ordered theirs first.

I,m on my soapbox again. See ya later

Phil.

p.s. Got that quote any lower yet?
Old 12 May 2000, 12:13 PM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

re the quote.....on the P1....nah...best I can get ....on the other one...might be able to better it....could tey go on one policy???....I'm not in the office tommorrow but am on the mobile....or will be in on Monday....
Old 12 May 2000, 04:13 PM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

f the local Leeds lads seen any about???
Old 13 May 2000, 12:53 AM
Jonathan
Scooby Regular

Red face

Paul

Mine came in blue at least my importer got the colour right. I thought after listening to all the STI owners it would be like my old STI V but no.

Is it a mistake ? The engines still in one piece !!

I got 17" wheels
Trackstar Guardian
Cat 1 alarm
Great Suspension
Some STI markings
Broquets
Mats in the front, back and boot
Driving lights plus addtional covers
Nice prodrive badges (and i was ready with my hairdryer)
The guy that sold it said he could service it as well (now this is strange)
If it went wrong they'd use genuine parts (warranty holdings told me they like reconditioned parts)
They will even buy my car back from me (my old STI dealer didnt want to know), plus my dealer cant get enough cars and has a reserve list.

Oh and in three days of owning it Ive had lots of people ask if it thats the new Scooby. I also picked up EVO mag and they had a picture of a car like mine which they say is the best affordable driver car you could buy. I thought that was the RB5 coz it beat the STI V last year. So maybe STI's got it right now ?

Maybe I got the wrong car ?. Sorry Ive just woken up it was a bad dream. My P1's still there and there's a second hand market for it. Cant be an STI then.

Jonathan
Old 13 May 2000, 09:34 AM
PhilHulse
Scooby Regular

Paul,

I suppose to all you "importers" this must all sound rather amusing. I can assure you it isn't.

Phil
Old 13 May 2000, 12:26 PM
Paul Frank
Scooby Regular

Talking

All,

Well I've had mine a while now . . . . the only thing is it's in cool grey not blue, dunno why.

Mind you its was on nil deposit and nearer £20k than £30k cost.
Unfortunately it's badly made & some idiot has put climate control & CD player in.

Of course they're always a down side! You have to run it on 97RON fuel . . . . . . oh, and it's got STi stamped on all sorts of bits all over it.

Never mind, I still love it.

laters
Paul

Old 14 May 2000, 10:35 AM
pwebb
Scooby Regular

Cool

Jonathan et al....
Old 14 May 2000, 07:41 PM
IainT
Scooby Regular

Wink

Seen a P1? hah, we had one at our meet in Swindon today
Well OK he was arriving (for a quiet drink probably) as we were preparing to leave the pub and didn't know about our meet and didn't looked too chuffed to see a load of us coming to ask him about it!
Still it was the first I'd seen.
Cheers
Iain.
Old 14 May 2000, 08:47 PM
Jonathan
Scooby Regular

Talking

Paul

How will those plates read in my rear view mirror ?

Jonathan
Old 14 May 2000, 08:59 PM
Paul Frank
Scooby Regular

Talking

Jonathan

He he
glad I didn't hit a raw nerve then . .

> I got 17" wheels - so these must be difficult to get hold of?
> Trackstar Guardian - same as above
> Cat 1 alarm - yep, got one very exclusive as well I agree
> Great Suspension - obviously then you've done a Leda swap already?
> Some STI markings - never mind, can't have everything. Still after the suspension swap they'll have gone won't they? Apart from the intercooler, strut, exhaust & a few others bits
> Broquets - aha! We cut to the real crux then! You think they work then? Snake oil I'd say. Just like friction reducing additives. What do you say Mr Webber?
> Mats in the front, back and boot - WOW oh WOW.
> Driving lights plus addtional covers - OOOH. I'd question nice though . . .look just like some Ring brand ones I saw in Halfords a coupla weeks ago.
> Nice prodrive badges (and i was ready with my hairdryer) - J: you don't need hairdryer, just a philips screwdriver (SO they'll survive a visit to the Rally in November then!?!? <NOT>)
> The guy that sold it said he could service it as well (now this is strange) - IS IT? not in my experience. Still I haven't money to burn at rip off main dealers so I wouldn't know.
> If it went wrong they'd use genuine parts (warranty holdings told me they like reconditioned parts) - Hmm, news to me. NOT what my bloke does, maybe you picked a dodgy dealer? Actually this does sound like a typical ProDrive scare story. You don't work for them do you? - oh SORRY of course not . . . . Audi were the best thing a few months ago weren't they???
> They will even buy my car back from me (my old STI dealer didnt want to know), see above
> plus my dealer cant get enough cars and has a reserve list. - must be the only one in the UK who has then.

> My P1's still there and there's a second hand market for it. Cant be an STI then.

A real good theory but we'll see - when you want to sell it in 3/4 months time won't we?

Paul

[This message has been edited by Paul Frank (edited 14-05-2000).]
Old 14 May 2000, 10:01 PM
Jonathan
Scooby Regular

Paul

How could you ever touch a nerve

I always thought it was the other way round. Whenevers there's a post about the P1, an STI owner feels the need to get in on the act. Not top of the pile anymore ?

In fact since the P1 was announced its been the same. So nothings new. And in the end most go on about the 3-5k difference and dont look at the added extras.

Whats more amazing is the price difference is only the cost of an engine rebuild for them. Palmer Promosport have had to get rid of their STI V's because of loads of engine problems. And look at the thread on IWOC with the guy with a duff ECU (Warranty Holdings want to use Blackbox reconditioned units).

Still after my nightmare thinking I had an STI again I think I'll sleep well.

Dont worry I'm sure IM will take 12 months longer than the Grey Importers with the new STI, so the top spot can be regained again, untill the tuners of the WRC leader get to have a go again with the P?.

Jonathan

Quick Reply: I have seen one..