ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Upcoming Trip to England

Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2003, 11:38 PM
RainyWRX
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I am planning on taking a trip to England in March 04 with some friends for two weeks. I told them I definitely wanted to stop by one of the Prodrive Facilities for a little while. I looked on www.prodrive.com and it showed three facilities in England. I figured the one in Banbury would probably have the most stuff to see based on the fact the description mentions merchandising and individual customers and the other two seem like test facilities. I wanted to know if anyone has gone to any of the sites and had an advice as to which of the three would be best.

I was also wondering if anyone knows of a World Rally type museum in England, preferably the London or surrounding area. I've looked in some tour books, but haven't been very successful. Also any rally facilities or rally racing team type places would be cool too, if you know them.

The last question would be that I would like to bring back a UK specific piece for the STI I will be buying in April, kind of a souvenir/authentic UK part that will work and look good on the US version. I would like a part that maybe isn't easy to find anywhere but in Great Britain itself. I already know the UK floormats are a little hard to come by, so those would be at the top of the list (i'm pretty sure I read that they fit the USDM version). Any other suggestions, and I'm talking $100 or less and easily transportable via luggage would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Alan

Old 28 October 2003, 08:53 AM
DreXeL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi mate, I would recommend a 'Prodrive Live' day, I think the details are on the Prodrive website.
Old 28 October 2003, 09:59 AM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Banbury is the head office and is roughly 1 1/4hours out of london by car. There is a showroom there, but it may be worth your while getting in touch with them as very occasionally they allow visits to the WRC workshops. Prodrive live (5 laps of a circuit and messing about in 4X4s for a lot of the day) is over £300, so not my cup of tea. Check closer to the date and there may well be a track day on - Brands Hatch (ex Formula 1 track) just outside SE London often has winter track days and there could well be a load of scoobies there. People are generally happy for pasengers to jump in.