ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Lakeside Scooby

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2000, 06:06 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Went to lakeside today and parked on the roof of the carpark near House of Fraser. Came back about an hour later to find a sliver WRX sitting next to me. Best of all the car had a SIDC tax disk holder and SIDC sticker in the front window.

guess you know what's coming next

So, is the owner of L??? KUV on scoobynet, if so then identify yourself! I had a rather good look at your silver beast whilst you were not around. Nice roll cage! looks like someone does some track work! Like the stick on number plate, really allows the car in front to see the scoobs menacing grin! but i though they weren't legal on scoobies

Anyway, sorry to the usual suspects for this type of message.
Old 22 May 2000, 09:53 AM
Nigel Bowles
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

It's Mine ... Nice of you to notice it.
I was actually just on my way back from ScoobySport, the new exhaust going on this Friday maybe an anti-lift kit as well.
Only owned it a week but I will be doing track days in the near future.
As for the number plate, I was pulled on Friday for having fog lights on!!, they checked the whole car over and didn't complain about the plate stuck on the bonnet. The funniest part was the officer wandering around the car for a couple of minutes before having to ask what car it was so he could fill in the producer ....
Old 22 May 2000, 10:55 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Not to difficult to notice as it was parked right next to me

Gawd, only had it week and you're going to scoobysport, I think you're addicted mate

It gave me a really nice feeling to see another Scooby, let alone a SIDC member, parked next to me!

What did you think of mine?

BTW - Where do you come from? I'm in Tunbridge Wells in Kent.
Old 22 May 2000, 02:08 PM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Location: the fastest rentals in town......0-100mph in 10 seconds
Thumbs up

Nigel,

It sounds like it was you I bumped into at TDI!
Induction kit and dumpvalve were a doddle to fit 1hr later I was back on the lanes.......vast improvement. Boost used to drop off at 5000rpm, it know holds passed 6000. Response is also much much better. The only downer I now have is I wished I'd fitted the parts one at a time so I could monitor the differences, but as always I was too eager to get back on the road. A big thumbs up to the boys at HKS.
Coincidently, that parking spot you refer to sounds just like the one I use at Bluewater!!

Maybe see you around,

Zak.

Old 22 May 2000, 02:19 PM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Cool

I'm around Lakeside quite a lot so I keep an eye out for other Scoobies, not as many as you would think

Best bit is running up the revs in the enclosed car parks.....ScoobySport=lovely

Yex
Old 22 May 2000, 04:32 PM
Nigel Bowles
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Markus,
You're local to me, I'm in West Malling and often take a blast down Seven Mile lane and on your way. If its really sunny I may have to us the R6. (BUT it is feeling a bit slow now).
Yours Scooby looks good and that exhaust is massive.

Mo,
Glad you like the HKS stuff, I went for a panel filter from ScoobySport as I get stuck in traffic a lot, so a cone filter would give problems. This price was nicer aswell at £40+vat.