Auto Express: New soft top Subaru!

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2003, 07:56 PM
chrome
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

wtf??
it has GOT to be the *UGLIEST* thing I have ever seen (imho)..

- sorry about the size.. I refused to buy the mag in disgust

I cannot believe subaru are considering playing Mazdas game (the new MX5 is equally shocking) and even going so far as to use a feeble (150bhp) hybrid engine!!

so much for any future rally bred icons..

Old 18 October 2003, 08:19 PM
nelly
Scooby Newbie

Yeah looks like a hairdressers if you ask me!!!!
Old 18 October 2003, 08:36 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Arrow

its a start. Whats wrong with the idea of a topless model for the range? after all porsche manage to do it via the boxster and the 996. I read somewhere very recently, may even be the same model, that a subaru topless model would have 4 wheel drive, pretty much unheard of in this market from a main manufacturer I would expect for a car of that nature. Granted porsche havent much in the way of rally pedigree, but they have much in the way of track pedigree. All subaru might be doing is tapping into a new niche, or creating one in the market.

So the styling may be a bit off, i havent seen a proper picture, but auto express arent known for their accuracy in such matters, and may the car be a concept?

I should have thought that subaru would do quite well with a cabby sports model based on an impreza platform/engines/running gear. All assuming that the designer wasnt the buffoon who designed the model after the classic impreza shape.

I remember that a private enterprise using the impreza for a base was making cabby sports cars, and there was much interest if not sales. Imagine then an official subaru with all their R&D resources and dealer back-up.

Also i have seen the new mx5 pics and i must say it looks terrible.
Old 18 October 2003, 10:46 PM
chrome
Scooby Regular

150bhp impreza?? no thanks.
hybird too.. hmm might improve the fuel economy somewhat

its mainly the styling I have the problem with. its tacky and ill concieved.

check out the mag for a clearer picture.
Old 18 October 2003, 10:54 PM
Kane
Scooby Regular

Make a softop subaru sports and kiss goodbye to me buying anything remotely from that time onwards. Bugeye was bad enough, give me a mean classic anyday. cars nowadays are starting to look like every other car...need scooby lines ...need lines to stand out from the rest...its like making the Version 6 EVO then the next model being the Version 2...
Old 18 October 2003, 10:57 PM
pugoetru
Scooby Regular

you have to remember it will be toned down if it reaches production
Old 19 October 2003, 10:01 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Question

Unfortunately, I don't think some of you are reacting with your heads, as against your hearts.
Sure, we'd all like Subaru to be the "Rally bred icon" but have a look at what's happening at the moment.
Dealers are closing on a weekly basis, (and there never WAS a particularly good network), and all because IM want a corporate image.
Meanwhile, the poor dealer is left trying to make profits on what is, at best a one model range.

No..........the sooner Subaru start to diversify, the sooner we can have the sort of dealer network that we need.

I for one was very happy to see the Forester take first place in the Tow Car of the Year awards, but I'd never drive one.

And are you SERIOUSLY saying you'd never buy another Scoob if they made this? What possible difference could it make?

Alcazar

Trending Topics

Old 19 October 2003, 11:07 AM
yhe chod
Scooby Regular

Smile

lets push the boundries lets be innovative lets make the niche market said subaru.
Old 19 October 2003, 12:32 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

So im not the only one who thinks its a good idea?

I can see the missus having something like that, she doesnt really appreciate the scooby for what it is but i wouldnt mind having my impreza and THAT on the drive (for her obviously)

I agree with alcazar, subaru need more than the impreza to keep it alive in the UK. Lets face it, how many other subarus do you see other than imprezas? Not many.

The roadster market is massive and if you ask me subaru should have done it sooner.