Back Ache and Floormats!!!

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2000, 07:23 PM
Cheeky Jim
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Ey Up Folks....

I am sure I have seen other posts about back ache......I drove my MY00 yesterday about 350 miles with a break in the middle and by the end my lower back was killing me...I don't usually ever suffer from this, and this is probably the furthest I have done in a single day in the Sccob...any suggestions?? Apart from losing some height, putting the seat up ???

Also, anyone know where I can purchase a nice set of Scooby Floormats....blinking dealers were too tight to through them in.....

Cheers

Jamie
Old 18 May 2000, 07:24 PM
Cheeky Jim
Scooby Regular

Should have been 'throw' them in....... I don't want you all to think I am illit...illitea......illiterate!!!

Cheers

Jamie

Old 18 May 2000, 07:40 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Try Grahame Goode they do a nice set of STI mats

AllanB
Old 18 May 2000, 07:42 PM
Scutter
Scooby Newbie

Jamie,
I found the same problem with my MY00 for the first week or so until I got the height and tilt on the seat right. I found that it wasn't tilted up enough at the front. I think the lack of support for my legs behind the knees meant that I was using my leg and back muscles to keep my feet in place on the pedals. Anyway, since I've increased the tilt I've had no problems.

Cheers, Ian.

Old 18 May 2000, 08:23 PM
Andy H
Scooby Regular

Smile

When i first got my scooby last year i suffered from back ache on longer runs.

Someone told me to move the seat back upright so that my wrists rested on the top of the wheel.

I have had no back ache since and i do tend to normally suffer being a tall lad.

Andy H
Old 18 May 2000, 09:05 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Oops. Repeated post.

[This message has been edited by carl (edited 18-05-2000).]
Old 18 May 2000, 09:07 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

It took me about three weeks of Scoob ownership before I got the seat in the right position -- after the first fortnight I seriously thought I'd made a mistake (my commute is a 130 mile round trip). As Andy says, the solution came by having the back more upright than I'm used to.

Floor mats --
Old 19 May 2000, 12:38 AM
N/A
Scooby Regular

Question

Is there anyway to send autostyle an email? The site only tells me to call them to place an order. I would first like to make sure they can provide me with floor mats before I call from Japan to the UK. I ws looking for some for my US Impreza RS.
Old 19 May 2000, 10:32 AM
Gaffer
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

My only complaint with the Subaru when I got it was that I couldn’t sort the driving position out. It seemed to me that it built for people with short legs and long arms. As I am of medium build, and do not have a problem with most modern cars, I set about trying to understand what the problem was.

The basic issue was that the distance between the pedals and the wheel was too short, requiring the legs to be more bent than I found comfortable and rendering ‘heel and toeing’ almost impossible. In addition this attitude meant that the underside of the thighs was unsupported which meant more loading on the lower back.

I have fixed the problem (for me) by:

1. Extending the seat base forward with a ‘Sparco’ seat pad velcro’d to the front of the seat squab which provides additional support to the thighs whilst permitting the rear of the seat base to be higher than would other wise be normal and thereby extending the leg length.

2. Raking the backrest to a more upright position to reduce the reach to the wheel, and fitting a ‘Sparco’ (again!) inflatable lumbar support to push the lower back forward.

These mods have transformed the comfort level and I can now drive from Hampshire to Germany and get out the other end without feeling crippled. The only thing that would make things perfect would be an adjustable reach steering column or a deep dish wheel – still cant have everything!

Btw If anyone wants a ‘Sparco’ inflatable lumbar pad I have a spare as they sent two by mistake!

Cheers

Gaffer
Old 19 May 2000, 03:12 PM
Cheeky Jim
Scooby Regular

Smile

Cheers Guys for all the help, I suspect that it is the seat height bit that I need to fiddle around with, I am off to Somerset this afternoon, so I will try it then.

Carl, thanks for the tip at Autostyle, they should be able to do the job. I am not looking for anything too flashy, just something that looks smart and keeps the crap off the industrial carpet below!!

Jim
Old 19 May 2000, 03:17 PM
Showtime
Scooby Regular

Talking

Go to your nearest Warner Bros store..got my scooby doo mats from them..scooby dooby doo....brilliant they are