Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are new age drivers THAT much above classic drivers ???????

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2003, 07:20 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[rant mode on]

The other day I was ignored by yet another new age driver (a blue STi8 with a P1 reg. No. at that) , and obviously it wasn't the first time I have been ignored by such drivers !!! Am I to gesticulate in a different manner to new age drivers? OR are us classic drivers that lowly that we should now be excluded ??????

Nate.

[/rant mode off]
Old 27 September 2003, 07:27 PM
BlackScoobyWRX
Scooby Regular

Smile

Nate - as a classic driver myself I have also experienced the occasional ignorant ba5tard driving a new age (one was so far up himself I'm sure he was inside out !!)
Thankfully, in my experience, they're few and far between.
Don't let 'em get to yer m8 ;-)
Old 27 September 2003, 07:36 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Nate

I'll make sure I ignore you next time didn't realise I shouldn't wave at classics
Old 27 September 2003, 07:43 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Wink

LOL I flash at them all and normally get some sort of reaction
Old 27 September 2003, 07:43 PM
yasawas
Scooby Regular

Wink

nate, rant on dude!!!!!!!

1 new age driver out of the 100's i have waved at waved back, 1!!! not good for the community!

nice cars but the attitude of many drivers sucks!
Old 27 September 2003, 08:06 PM
minister of speed
Scooby Regular

Wink

non rant mode...

Comin' from a bug eyed whatsit point of view,

after nearly 2 years of ownership, i got the impression classic owners dont wave back - unless your in a classic ???

Then again I do feel a little bit like - why bother anymore? ...

Why not, lets wave at everyone, especially ... ........ ......

(spaces left for the imaginative peeps)
Old 27 September 2003, 08:18 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

LOL @ Phil !!!!

It may have been that I was being a bit cheeky ...... Long line of traffic on a dual carriageway with no-one using the outside lane , and I saw a scoob up ahead, and thought to myself 'He'll let me in' ....... Nope, he squeezed up so I couldn't , But the guy in the car in front of him (a Ford Mondeo) did let me in!!

I mean , the guy with the new age , has had a P1 (I think)... As I have seen the reg. no. on a P1 that had been going around and now he's got it on an STi8 ...... So why is he being so non-classic????

Nate.
Old 27 September 2003, 08:22 PM
===WRX===
Scooby Regular

They dont wave back incase you bump into them at the pub, and remind them that they bought the nasty'st scoob of them all.

lmao

jay
Old 27 September 2003, 08:30 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

I wave at Scoobs, Ferrari's Lambo's etc.

Sign of appreciation to me.
Old 27 September 2003, 08:33 PM
AndyBrew
Scooby Regular

I always wave, flash let off fire works when I see another Scoob, although I draw the line at Foresters because they seem to think, I think I know them

anyway from one STi8 driver to all Classic's WAVE WAVE WAVE WAVE
Old 27 September 2003, 08:53 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Well I've owned both and wave to all Scooby drivers In defence of some newer drivers, don't forget that the new WRX was deliberatly meant to widen the appeal and ownership of the Scoob. This means that there might be some new owners who are (shock, horror ) not aware of sites such as Scoobynet or neccessarily the cult following that the orginal car developed.

Chris
Old 27 September 2003, 09:10 PM
wrxbugeye
Scooby Newbie

When I had a classic, I used to get (and return) plenty of waves. Since becoming an ugly bugeye owner, my waves to other scoobys have been, in the main, totally ignored. I know the car looks crap but under the skin........
Old 27 September 2003, 09:25 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Wink

Getting axious because a total stranger doesn't wave at you - I think you need help N8 .

I wouldn't get too worried about it - but it could be some sort of conspirancy from new owners against classic owners - maybe they're all mouse eating martians ?

Come up to Aberdeenshire - we all wave to everyone up here
Old 27 September 2003, 09:27 PM
-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

silence peasant, only serfs and the like drive about in "classics".. and who called them that in the first place, if not you sad "old car" drivers trying to make yourselves feel better that you can't keep up with progress

I changed from a 96 to an 01 in Feb this year - and classic drivers ignore me now (set of ba*tards )

Have to say I ditched the headlights for morettes though...
Old 27 September 2003, 11:11 PM
v5 man
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bugeye owner here, with standard bugeyes in place.
I also have to say that classic drivers dont wave as often as new age drivers from my point of view. I dont think the new age has properly been accepted as a scooby by hardcore classic owners..............so there!
Old 27 September 2003, 11:17 PM
peccy
Scooby Regular

classics still the way to go IMO, just sold my my00 uk turbo and bought a my00 type R, for a few $ more i could have had a my03 but not for me.
Old 27 September 2003, 11:25 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Wink

Are new age drivers THAT much above classic drivers ???????
Yep

Old 27 September 2003, 11:45 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Well when i get an Sti8 im not gonna wave at anyone, so there
Old 27 September 2003, 11:51 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I have a classic shape import and am very proud of it!276 bhp offers more than a standard new age STI.And looks?Even the likes of Demontweeks and other motorsport companies admire the sleek look of sleek classic than a new age on steroids!
And,BTW, I wave at any scoob-new age or"OLD" age,but get not enough responses of any of them!
I will keep on waving!
Old 27 September 2003, 11:52 PM
STi-Frenchie
Scooby Regular

Round my way, most scoob drivers acknowledge each other. However, some don't. Why ? Let's take a couple of examples -

Crossed a black WRX STi7 twice today - driver is older than me by 10+ years I reckon and I see he's chucked the standard small MY02 spoiler for something more "manly"...so obviously into his motor. Waves and smiles all around.

Crossed a blue classic, all tinted and looking great, a GT Impreza circa 99/00 - flashed at him - nothing in return. Nada. Zip. WTF? I ask myself.

Crossed a DBM classic wagon which was stopped at the lights waiting to turn right into CERN (that's the Centre for European Nuclear Research if you aren't aware). I flash and me and ma boy wave at him - nada. He had *loads* of time to acknowledge but didn't...WTF?

Crossed a silver wagon just up the road, nice tinted windows in the back and a small but discreet spoiler on the back end. Result - gal flashed at me first, and I duly responded with a wave and a smile.

Lesson is...some ppl do, some ppl don't - doesn't matter whether it's a classic or a bugeye - it depends if the driver sees his car as a means to get from A to B or whether they appreciate what it is and is capable of.

Me? I will give the thumbs-up at Evo's (and get the same in return) and will gladly wave/flash back at anyone who gives me the thumbs up (like the geezer in the Fiesta earlier this week).

Old 28 September 2003, 01:28 AM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Jesus,..... what is the hassle here? Are people really getting excited about who will wave at you? Turbohot seems to have the right idea. Who the **** cares whether "new age" or "Classic"
Old 28 September 2003, 01:34 AM
JasonHook
Scooby Regular

As a owner of an older scoob (MY99 V) and one who apparently frequently fails to wave back at other drivers (so my wife tells me after the fact). I'm not intending to be rude I either didn't notice or noticed too late to react. Apologies retrospectively and in advance to those I have and will apparently ignore.

I try and be a little philisophical if I wave and get a wave back that's nice but if I don't then I'm not offended either.
Old 28 September 2003, 07:25 AM
Kane
Scooby Regular

A lot of scooby drivers i have found dont even know about scoobynet lads so dont be to harsh on them. I get the bugeye non waves due to a lot of them being new owners IMO that dont go online much and thus dont know about the community either that or tey are company car drivers that dont really care to much about the car they have in respect to ownership etc..

Not to worry - i will keep acknowledging other Scoobies as it is the polite and quite rightly the correct thing to keep going.
Old 28 September 2003, 09:59 AM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

Wink

Yea the new age boys and girls are only jealous of some of our older quicker scoobs that's why they don't wave and would you want to own up to driving a new age with those headlights
It's happened to me loads of times

Edited to add I even wave when i'm in me van some people must think look at that idiot in that van waving

Huxley

[Edited by Huxley - 9/28/2003 10:01:24 AM]
Old 28 September 2003, 10:12 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Question

I think we should refer this to Saxo Boy - to see if this is a (or an) SIAL
Old 28 September 2003, 07:54 PM
yasawas
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

you dont have to be on scoobynet to wave to a fellow scooby driver, i had mine for about 2 years before i found you lot but i still waved to each and every scoob i saw!

and RANT, a blue bug eye totaly blanked me in yaxley today, from a hundred yards i flashed him then me and my boy waved in a 'respect to all things scoob' way, he saw us, he ignored us, i think some people are just rude.
Old 28 September 2003, 08:26 PM
Supercue
Scooby Regular

Talking

From a new WRX MY03 point of view

I wave at every scoob but I have to be honest I had 2 classic scoobs and 1 bug eye not return the compliment yesterday alone

I couldn't care less I'll still wave like a demented chicken coz I've lost the plot anyway!
Old 30 September 2003, 06:16 PM
thecirsch
Scooby Regular

Wink

Sorry Nate, did you say something??????
Old 30 September 2003, 07:20 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Yes we are

FFS, if this winds you up you need to get a grip mate - some people in classics won't wave because they is too cool to do so, some people in new ages won't wave because they're not enthusiasts and have bought a car that they like rather than married the brand

Cheers,
Nick.
(MY03 wrx who will acknowledge any other scoob)
Old 30 September 2003, 07:36 PM
jimmy wrx
Scooby Regular

OK, can I have my 10 pence worth....

I have owned both !

When I bought the 03 no one waved ,because the 03 looks different from any other scoob.(ie front on )

Now the 03 is better known I get more and more waves

Quick Reply: Are new age drivers THAT much above classic drivers ???????