Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GRRRR, some lowlife has put a 10 inch scratch along the site of my scoob!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2003, 12:55 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get some kids/grandkids, that way you get to park in huge bays. It works for me!!
dave

[Edited by misty - 9/6/2003 1:02:25 PM]
Old 05 September 2003, 10:26 AM
EvilKyote
Scooby Regular

Angry

This just really pisses me off! Whats the point in people doing this?!?!?! W@nkers!!!

Well, at least it is not deep so it should polish out with a few hours of elbow grease, a cloth and some rubbing compound etc etc!

And the other thing, those inconsiderate uncaring pr!cks who whack your car door with theirs! Grrr, got a nice collection of small dents!

Anyone know anyone/anywhere in the hampshire area, preferable gosport/fareham/portsmouth area who can 'remove' these little dents? they are tiny, but when the car is shiny they do show up!

Help appreciated!

EK
Old 05 September 2003, 10:31 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Add a couple of hundred quids worth of toys - you will feel so much better
Old 05 September 2003, 12:41 PM
clintyboy12
Scooby Regular

Angry

I noticed some new scratches on mine today too. Looks like someone's brushed past it with a fekkin cheese grater in their pocket! B*stards!
One way I have found of limiting damage is to try to park with one side covered - i.e. always at the end of a block (making sure there is space so no-one side-swipes you going round a corner!).
Sadly it means that the passenger side looks a bit lumpy to say the least! Haven't been arsed to do anything to get it looking good cos I know it will just get dinked again. Stupid shopping trolleys!

Anyway, concentrate on nice mods and forget about the paper-thin bodywork!

Clintyboy
Old 05 September 2003, 07:54 PM
bluto22b
Scooby Regular

Cool

Always choose a place to park miles away from where everyone else parks. Most of the "dingers" are bone idle clumsy oafs who care little for other peoples cars and have no interest in motoring anyway so they cannot appreciate the need to keep a car looking pristine. If they do not care for their own car what chance have you got for caring for yours [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
I always choose a little corner snicket and if necessary overlap a white line If the car park is jam packed I will drive out and park in the next one or the next street.
Old 05 September 2003, 08:01 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Cool

Dont wory evl

they have been placed into my little black book,

and when the meek inherit!!!

mart

Old 05 September 2003, 08:26 PM
Mr555
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately, if the meek really did inherit, they'd be in charge for about 30 seconds before some scumbags saw their chance and kicked their butt!
Old 05 September 2003, 08:39 PM
SPLITTER
Scooby Regular

aye i was parked in babies r us today
picked meself a nice free spot
then some biatch ina off roader parks right next to me and i heard her dooor connect with mine
the missus stopped me from flipping but i had to move the scoob :]
the biatch was oblivious
Old 05 September 2003, 08:45 PM
Ralf Paris
Scooby Regular

Can recommend a good dent removal company, but wont hane their details till' Tuesday - Left them in the office !!

Called them out last week when loads of crap fell from a shelf in my garage and landed on the Scooby's bonnet. Result was 4 dents of different sizes and a seriously p'd off owner.

Dent man came to my office, sucked through his teeth, said it was only an outside chance that he could improve the situation and then beavered away for an hour.

Came out and not a dent to be seen. Genius. Let me know if you want his details.

Old 06 September 2003, 09:12 AM
clintyboy12
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Talking of dent removal I saw an ad for Chipsaway (look em up in t'yellow pages!) and noticed that they repar small dents as well!
I may well be giving them a call soon. I had called them for my last car and they give free estimates and the guy I spoke to (albeit 3 years ago!) said I would be looking at around £50-£100 per panel, depending on density of scratches and dinks. Of course that price may have gone up or down and past performance is not an indicator to the future blah blah blah!!!
Old 06 September 2003, 10:43 AM
jbryant
Scooby Regular

I've seen the missis put two door dinks in my car when she's flung her car door open on the drive
Baby in hand, her priorities and attention is elsewhere, but that's fine with me...

Considering the regularity with which I clean my car (rare, to say the last!), I can't say I'm too bothered. It gets hit by other car doors at work, in Tescos, shopping in town. Short of leaving the car in the garage (and as mentioned above, even that's not safe!) there's little you can do so I have just learned to live with it

As with preventing theft, possibility of dinks can be lessened by parking near posh cars (though not 4x4s for the obvious reasons ).

Mindless scratching and kicking, however. Hang the ba$ts. :grrr:

Joolz
Old 06 September 2003, 02:23 PM
Geddon
Scooby Regular

Talking

EK,
Got my scoob last month already with 2ft key scratch in rear wing. Took it to local place recommended to me in Southampton and they said proper respray of that panel reqd because sratch is so deep. Booked in for tomorrow. Will let you know how it looks if you want and will ask them about dents as well if you want. Let me know if you want the details.....
Gedds
Old 06 September 2003, 02:30 PM
quicksprint
Scooby Regular

I always try and park in the wide bays.(but never the disabled ones!!).
My dad has just taken delivery of a brand new fully loaded Mini Cooper S,yesterday he parked in one of the wide bays and when he came out there was a dent in his door....he was not pleased!!
Apart from putting up a security cordon what can you do?
Old 06 September 2003, 02:51 PM
Type R
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I had a 10" scratch along my Elise which someone kindly did, I got it sorted by my local Chips Away man Jason. On first name terms as I have used him on 4 occasions now, fantastic job and he fixed a few other niggles to for Ā£60. Well worth considering if you can't get it out yourself.
Old 06 September 2003, 05:55 PM
looossseeerrr
Scooby Newbie

D.B.S (DING BASH SYNDROME)
I have a beemer and it was mint. i mean when you looked down the sides at it there was'nt a mark. it was like glass.
till i parked it in a car park..
i had it a week!. it was the first time i had left it anywhere.
i pulled on the driveway got the hose out to wash it down the next day.
and bang!! there it was a dent. someone must have pulled up next to it and opened the door and drove away!!! i was away from the car for 6 mins max using a cash machine.
so i am going to sell it now..
i went out and got a 4x4 and i park it anywhere!
and its high so less risk of ding bash syndrome!
Old 06 September 2003, 07:59 PM
mrklaw
Scooby Regular

someone needs to sell a perimeter protection system. Just need two strips of foam (perhaps like the stuff used to lag pipes?), connected by a couple of bits of string, which you throw over the car, so the foam lays along your door lines either side. Should protect you from the ravages of car park life.
Old 06 September 2003, 10:29 PM
dead_neurons
Scooby Regular

alternatively, do as clinty boy suggests, and park at the end of a row, plus just stick a shopping trolly in the spot next to you. Since everyone is too idle to move it to park, no one will park next to you !

/2ob
Old 07 September 2003, 12:17 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

fraid not on that one...

you just get some loon in a 4x4 uses his bull bars to push it out of the way.. oh and guess where they end up....

whoopeee dented doors BLX

mart
Old 08 September 2003, 01:11 AM
Stuart Page
Scooby Regular

Just don't use your scoob for mundane stuff! Use the missus's car