Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast Integra Type R

Search this Thread

Old 05 September 2003, 08:34 AM
mad malc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My mate has a standard Integra Type R 1998 "S" just the same age as my standard Impreza turbo Wagon of the same age. I have only recently got this car and I am pleased in the whole although the dealer I got it off really sucks (well thought of on here for some bizzare reason, not gonna name them as they may eventually sort out my concerns, and pigs may fly too). Anyway I have driven the Type R and thought it was quick, but not as quick as my scoob, which I think is due to the way the turbo kicks in and the amazing low end torque. My mate also thought this when he had a go in it. Yet when we took them both out my car was only very, very marginally faster. Was expecting different after reading some crappy Top Gear road test comparing the 2 cars and others in an archive group test. Maybe my car will be better when the weather gets a little cooler (as I have heard this, not sure it will make a huge difference though!). At least I have got the low end torque I guess and a lot better ride as my car does not have really have hard suspension like the Type R. But on the other hand the type R will probably be more reliable and cheaper to run. I guess it should be fast with a 196 BHP (or is it 190) in a very light car. Nevermind.
Old 05 September 2003, 08:49 AM
RB5Caterham
Scooby Regular

Smile

I've got a MY99 RB5 and I hate to say it but the Integra Type R is something to be given a little respect, even in standard form they are as quick.

The new model has something crazy like 240-250BHP coming out of it!

For sure when its cooler the scooby will perform much better.
Old 05 September 2003, 08:52 AM
WRX_BLUES
Scooby Regular

Without getting into a "yes but if it was a modified Scoob" argument...I used to own an S Reg Integra Type R (Standard) and once had a play with a Standard Scoob Turbo. On pick up the Scoob would always be faster on acceleration, however anything after 80 onwards the ITR does not embarrass itself, if not keep up with the Scoob.

Still miss my ITR. Just out of interest which area are you from? Also the end of the ITRs registration wouldn't end with S*** FAR would it?
Old 05 September 2003, 09:14 AM
mad malc
Scooby Regular

Smile

No I am in the North West of England, could be more specific but then people would know what dealer I am p*ssed off with. And it is early days yet, may get better so no point rubbishing them. You cannot really compare a Type R to an Impreza well the type I have anyway, as it is a lot more civilised the Type R which is as raw as they come. But it is a cool car, very close to a racing car. Have to admit I was a little scared of keeping up with him through the bends as I have only just got the Impreza, and the body does roll a touch, however it does stop at a certain point and it grips like ****, so I am sure I will get better. Also the tyres are complete sh*t, gonna get a set of four very soon.
Old 05 September 2003, 10:43 AM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Great cars the Teg, not quite as fast off the line as the scoob, but really fast when kept on the boil, on a standard UK turbo i dont think theyd be anything in it round a track. The Integra is firmer than the scoob and that bit lower too, just shows in pic of mine below(dont have it any longer but still quite fancy one to use for sprints/hillclimbs)
[img]
http://www.applus.plus.com/gallery/esher/images/DSCF0142_jpg.jpg
[/img]
Old 05 September 2003, 10:46 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Wink

Nice picture!!
Old 05 September 2003, 12:28 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wonder who has that car now? never found out if it was fixed or scrapped, would love to know, I still have a set of keys and FSH for it too!!