Sponsored by:

Impreza it's still got it - My 10 cents

Search this Thread

Old 05 September 2003, 12:34 AM
Bullring
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I've had the car 4 days now and I love it! So I thought I'd share my experience so far. Also I think it about time someone started a positive topic - there have been several negative Impreza topic's recently.

Handling:
The thing seems to change direction intuitively! Really it does! And you don't have to drive like a MNB (Mad, Nutter, Bast**d) to appreciate it. I've have never driven a car that's so rewarding to drive, whilst sticking to the speed limit - find a quite twisting A or B road and enjoy. I won't says it's better than an Evo, because I have never driven one.

Performance:
Still running it in, so its not been over 4500 revs yet, but man it's going to seriously shift when it does. The throttle response whilst under boost is immediate.

Quality:
Only a couple of grips. The quality of the boot lining is poor, and the hardboard panel over the spare wheel well is to thin. Why they put hardboard in a 20k motor I don't know. But then again, the money has gone into the best bits, :-) Apart for those minor grips I've been impressed with the quality of the finish and build.

MPG:
Touchy subject this one - Many people say "Don't buy a performance car is you're worried about MPG", which is fair enough, and I do see their point. I've done 300 miles today on £30 worth of standard RON fuel. My last car, a 2ltr Saab auto couldn't do that! Most of the 300 miles were on the M1 doing an average of 80mph, so I'm well please with the MPG.

Grinning now and think I will be for a long time to come! The Impreza has not had it's day! It's simple maturing like a good wine or a single malt.
Old 05 September 2003, 12:53 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Stay clear of the dirty 95ron and get some super in there. If you don't notice any performance increases then keep an eye out for increased mpg
The mpg increase i got when i changed to super actually makes it cheaper for me to use it
Old 05 September 2003, 12:56 AM
Zeolite
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The thing I noticed immediately when driving a turbo as opposed to the ex-wife's sport was the way that there is no delay in it doing anything. (unlike the ex-wife) You don't have to wait for it to settle or for the nose to turn in or for it to come on cam. It has instant response and it is the only road car that I have driven that is like that. Even the Alpina wasn't quite as responsive and I only have a standard wagon!