Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

SIDC.........what's the crack........?

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2003, 10:49 PM
skoosh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just logged into SIDC forum, why do the users on that site dislike Scoobynet so much ?

Yes it seems alot more serious but surely they can't be that opposed to this site...........can they?

Let the jokes commence............I guess.

Skoosh - peruser of both sites.

[Edited by skoosh - 8/25/2003 10:49:41 PM]
Old 25 August 2003, 11:05 PM
Attu
Scooby Regular

I thought 99% of the users from the SIDC forums also use Scoobynet, Im registered on both but spend most of my time on Scoobynet.

Andy
Old 26 August 2003, 06:06 PM
Franx
Scooby Regular

Smile

I'm in the SIDC coz it means you get discounts on parts at certain places, but I've never actually used their forum - only this one....
Old 26 August 2003, 06:26 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

I am on both and a lot of the others are. I am certainly not against scoobynet. They are however two different types of forums. Due the size the scoobynet community has different problems. You only have to look at the number of mods and members to realize that it has to be policed more.

There are fewer active members on the SIDC forum and you get to know people better and with that people respect your opinions more and there is very little friction. I think this why some of the SIDC members who dont post on scoobynet do so because its harder BBS and you have to learn to take the odd muppet comment.

Its also easier to keep up as there is a smaller turn over of threads.

I find it a more relaxed atmosphere but as you can see for my reg date and post count I still visit scoobynet and have done for well over 4 years and remember scoobynet 1 and some of the original characters.

IMHO Simon and Shaun have done exactly what they set out to do and make scoobynet a massive global car BBS and have done it very well and my hat goes off to them. It the best resource for impreza info in the world.

There is room enough for both BBS as they are both about Subarus, so whats the problem. I will still post on both as I enjoy both.

[Edited by chrisp - 8/26/2003 7:11:28 PM]
Old 26 August 2003, 09:25 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Think the major difference is that the SIDC forum is more serious with less idiots on it than scoobynet tho I use S/net a lot more than SIDC as its more fun reading all of this stuff.

chip.

[Edited by Chip - 8/26/2003 9:52:39 PM]
Old 26 August 2003, 09:40 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Ditto chrisp!