Why do people keep hitting my car!!

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2003, 04:09 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Grrrrr!

1st there was the guy last August that smacked my back bumper in a car park whilst John Banks and I were in the car mapping it! He tried to run but unsuprisingly didn't get away in his Vectra!! He then had the cheek to give the incorrect details and it took me a few weeks to track the little git down and get my repair money!!

2nd there was the additon of the worst ding on my car which I got at a Scoobynet meet of all places! Someone's kid got out her dads scooby and tanned the door leaving a lovely ding Thing is, I noticed it at the time but didn't want to say anything as 'these things happen' - still frustraiting though!

3rd was the other day when some idiot in a van reversed into the scooby and smashed the sidelight and put a small scratch in the front bumper - at least he left his details There is still the hassle factor of the repairs!

4th just today I was parked up looking for a map when some decrepid (sp?) old git smacked the wing-mirror!! Bits of mirror went everywhere so I jumped into the drivers seat and gave chase as he also didn't stop To the guy with the red-mica scooby, 'hi, I would have waved but I was busy in hot pursuit!' I finally caught the guy but I think he was too old to be breathing let alone realise what he'd done I took his reg, etc and checked the mirror over and its seems fine. His was fvcked though

I'm almost scared to go home now

Its hard enough selling a mint Impreza thats been garaged in bubble wrap and only driven on fresh air days with no rain or dust. God knows how I'll sell my battle scared one [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Rant over
Old 22 August 2003, 04:13 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know what you mean I went through that on my puma and it still keeps happening I had a sierra like that too so I sold it and bought my lancia. Hopefully things will calm down for you and all the areas that have been fixed will look mintier than before

Paul
Old 22 August 2003, 04:14 PM
Wilster
Scooby Regular

Hmmm, yes, annoying. Sometimes it feels like everyone else is out to trash my car. Just had a quote for paint damage, various scratches, an egg splat, the obligatory sand blasted front end £750 squid. Also when you look down the side at an oblique angle you can see all the car-park dints, now I try not to look!

Wilster.
Old 22 August 2003, 04:18 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Don't get me started on dings!!! Mines looks like someone filled a paintball gun with ballbearings and switched to rapid-fire mode
Old 22 August 2003, 04:21 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Smile

Is it as bad as the Rover 200 in that episode of Father Ted, with the Dancing Priest, the raffle and the Ghost Town disco?
Old 22 August 2003, 04:24 PM
esmerelda9920750
Scooby Regular

Perhaps it may be time to either turn off your magnetic personality or wrap the car up in bubble wrap...magnetic personality would be the safer option
Old 22 August 2003, 05:14 PM
Wilster
Scooby Regular

Angry

O'h yes and some little bugger let one of my tyres down aswell; because of the reinforced sidewalls I didn't notice. Wondered why the handling went a bit squiffy on the way to Wales and back last wk, and got hot-tailed by a VW 4-motion jobby (he MUST have known the road Garidge noticed the flat after I complained of vibrations, now they tink I'm a right plum.

Wilster.

Ps. I accidentally left a two-pinter of milk under the passenger seat the other day (fell out shopping bag due to acceleration). It exploded. But thats another story/thread.
Old 22 August 2003, 05:33 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Milk on carpet.............uh-oh!
Old 22 August 2003, 09:24 PM
pugoetru
Scooby Regular

paint over the target on your bootlid
Old 23 August 2003, 09:55 AM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
tell me about it im sick of people crashing into mine its going into the body shop today after some idiot ploughed into the side of and i'd only just had it repaired the favorite is for people is hit your bumper and drive off and then there is a ft long stretch where the paint has decided to flake off
Old 23 August 2003, 12:24 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

paint over the target on your bootlid
LOL

You know it amazes me the people that will run after damaging another car. I just couldn't do it, I'd have to leave a note or something!
Old 23 August 2003, 02:04 PM
Scoobybits
Scooby Regular

echo above..how can they just ignore what they have done???drives me mad...
always amazes me that even if you find the quietest corner of the car park and park all alone...there is always someone right next to you when you return???????????????WHY???