Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Other nite

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2003, 08:42 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got to sleep other nite when i looked out of window and spied to little charvers (dodgy youths!) in burberry baseball caps ridin past me car @ sum silly hour, needless to say didnt get ne sleep that nite! Just annoyin thats all when uve got people sniffin round ur car!!!
Old 20 August 2003, 09:00 PM
i8gtmf
Scooby Regular

Know what ya mean got my scoob a few days before i had finished building my garage for it and felt the same way. sleep a little better now it's tucked away ,my towns has loads of the burberry brigade and it's the mindless vandalism side of scoob ownership the concerns me the most.Was filling up at me local optimax shop last night when a hat mobile/corsa pulled up at the next pump and began yelling abuse just because i drive a scoob on returning to my car they shout"look at me i drive a scooby" i puts on my best im cool voice and replies"Yes mate I do" Spent the rest of the evening at the pub going outside to keep checking the car incase my mates at the garage deceide to key my car.Like has been said many times it's always the mindless few who spoil it for everyone.

Dave
Old 20 August 2003, 09:11 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Yeah, they dont realise u ave to work to get these cars do they!
Old 20 August 2003, 09:57 PM
scottste
Scooby Regular

Red face

Just got my scooby today and feel very protective of it. If any little sh*t comes near it or insults it I'll kick their f***ing head in !!! Suggest you do the same !!!
Old 20 August 2003, 10:01 PM
Spooks
Scooby Regular

Was surprised at how nice most folks have been so far round about my area (it aint known for being the greatest area in the world), but I always feel a bit apprehensive about leaving it anywhere.
My lock up is further along my street and not in eye sight of my house, I do regularly walk along to check the car is OK....Im not paranoid I KNOW they are out to get me LOL
Spooks
Old 20 August 2003, 10:29 PM
scottste
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

spooks,
Have you thought about using a camera ? I have a Marmitek which can run of the PC or video or small monitor. Its wireless and think it works upto about 1/4 mile (check this tho as I cant quite remember the distance - it was about 18 months ago that I bought it and Im sure theres better models now)
If you plug the caera in the garage where nobody can see it, your PC will let you know the camera has been activated, it isnt cheap, bit worth it for peace of mind.
Good Luck
Old 20 August 2003, 11:54 PM
Blue_Boy
Scooby Regular

How much was the camera?

I've always wanted one to link into a proximity sensor for the car and mobile TV with me so any trigger of the alarm sets off the camera and the TV shows what's going on, how good would that be

My gearbox went on the Evo and it had to be left on the road outside the house for one night (didn't sleep a wink), even though this is a very low crime area. It always goes in the garage of a night and when I feel a little restless, I'll park the other car infront of the garage for that little bit of extra protection