My very first time....

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2003, 12:17 PM
Doo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Hi,

Now... i'm a scoobynet virgin and up until recently a scobby virgin. However after recently purchasing a Dark Blue 98 R 4dr saloon my world has been turned upside down... After my initial blast in the car i now look forward to every oppurtunity i get to drive the little belter!

i was nervous at first but i slipped inside thought about england and gave it my best shot.... oh my god what a feeling....

How come no one told me about the joys of Turbo'd insanity before?

I have a number of questions hope you can help me out,

its a little bit played with and does not like pulling away with little revs - is this normal?

the handling is razor sharp but it feels light on steering - again is this normal?

every BMW seems to want to race me - is this normal and what do i do? teach them a lesson?

The car puts a huge grin on my face and i want to try and break the land speed record every time im in it. - normal?

am i sad or can anyone remember their first time in one and does the feeling go away...? i hope not.... cant get enuff of that wonderful chuff!
Old 07 August 2003, 01:37 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Welcome

its a little bit played with and does not like pulling away with little revs - is this normal?
The clutches are not as user friendly as those in a 1.0 clio, far more grabby and take a while to get used to, especially if its uprated. Basically the car will punish crap attempts at pulling away

the handling is razor sharp but it feels light on steering - again is this normal?
It may feel a little light but the feedback should be there in abundance.

every BMW seems to want to race me - is this normal and what do I do? teach them a lesson?
Funny, I don't think anyone has mentioned racing BMW's on this BBS......

The car puts a huge grin on my face and i want to try and break the land speed record every time im in it. - normal?
Watch your speedo on motorways. The car is so composed you don't realise the speed creeping up. Purposely Vmaxxing the car on public highways is not a good thing to do, resist the urge

Have a look at the SIDC FAQ for all the specs and info on your car. Use the search function on this site too, theres a wealth of info on here

Old 07 August 2003, 01:54 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Not at all sad get to a local meet (as per the meets section ) & meet us other sad but smily peaps lol
The torque low down the rev range os shyte so yes it wont feel particularly quick until that turbo kicks in >2500RPM+ but then as you well know its joy time
Si
Old 07 August 2003, 02:40 PM
Stevie
Scooby Regular

Another useful tip, dont go speeding between Sutton and Wylde Green at the moment on the A5127. Bloody van on left and four busy officers parked on bikes to stop you.
Old 07 August 2003, 03:26 PM
Doo
Scooby Newbie

Thanks fella's

between sutton and wylde green eh? cheeky little bleeders... need a snooper.