Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is with timewasters?

Search this Thread

Old 03 August 2003, 07:50 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put car in Autotrader friday afternoon. Get call friday night asking to come see car on Sat. Meet guy and his mate on sat, very impressed with car as low miles and immaculate condition. Says he will come back down today (sun) with another mate for the once over and bring a deposit. Calls me back later to ask me if I mind him doing a HPI check - not a problem. Agree time to meet today.

Yep you guessed it - no show today. Rang his mobile which keeps ringing and no voicemail. Tried it several times.

What is it with these people? Fair enough if you changed your mind - nothing was definite. All you had to do was call and say you had changed your mind. TW*T!

Simon.
Old 03 August 2003, 08:10 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Pig ignorance Simon!

Les
Old 03 August 2003, 08:15 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I know it's so crap when people do so.I would say,don't ring people again and again.It should be them chasing you if they want a decent car,not you.And,tell the viewers that it will be sold if someone else comes along and puts the deposit.
All the best with the sale,mate!
PS. Can't you get the HPI check done yourself and keep a copy to show to the viewers so that,it doesn't become an excuse to keep you hanging on for them?When I bought my scoob(from the dealer)I was provided an HPI check copy by him.I rang them and rechecked the details and decided to buy the car.Just a thought!
Old 03 August 2003, 08:40 PM
Higgs
Scooby Regular

Just sold my WRX had 1 kid round 2 look at it he had no interist in looking around the car just wanted 2 go out in it. I knew straight away he was just a test pilot then he had the cheek 2 ask if he could drive it what a waste of time