Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

not the bushes

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2003, 10:49 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just been to see my mechanic, who admittedly hasnt worked on a subaru before, but as hes related it didnt cost me a penny to have it looked at.

i have a knocking noise (only knocks once when i either pull forward in first, then knocking for the second time if i immediately go into reverse and pull back). I asked on here before and was advised it could be the bushes. My mechanic seems to believe that it could be either the diff or the drive shaft.

im 3 days out of my warrenty for the car im starting to panic as i am well aware that the diff or the drive shaft to replace is gonna cost £££.

I have spoken with my car dealer and he is going to see if he can sort anything through them as it is only 3 days our of the warrenty but i need to prepare for the worst. Any one have any idea how much this may cost? Alternatvely, has anyone else had this issue?

my99 uk turbo - 3 months and 3 days old
Old 01 August 2003, 11:08 AM
scoobymoo
Scooby Regular

Location: was the drivers seat of Richard Burns's P1 now in a boxster S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Hi,
I had exactly the same problem and my dealer went over the suspension and drivetrain with a fine toothcomb, and found out my rear diff was knackered as he said if it was the bushes it would knock all the time. Luckily I had just extended my warranty as the dealer said it cost 1500 all in to do the work. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. (MY99)