John Cave (Drivetrain) Performance Course

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2003, 02:39 PM
PGMabley
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Hi

Just wanted to post my experience on John Cave’s Performance Driving Course (Trading as Drivetrain on http://www.drivetrain.uk.com/ ):

The course as per John’s description is as follows:

“The course will normally start and finish close to junction 6 M40.

The Drivetrain High Performance Course is designed to exploit the potential of both car and driver in a safe yet progressive manner on some of the most challenging roads in the country. The training throughout the day is intense and will require high levels of concentration. It's also 'HUGE' fun. Every participant on the High Performance Course has gone on to further the new skills and derive much greater enjoyment from every drive.

Using your own car the cost of the course is £195:00 +vat (£229:13).”

My day (yesterday) was fantastic – the best experience of driving I have had and I have done them all (rally, single seaters, circuit saloon cars, track and road instruction).

I did the course in my 5000mile MY03 Boxster S (have an Impreza RB5 also) as this has proved quite a challenge to completely master especially in the wet. We did a full day 1 to 1 instruction over approx 150miles of country roads mainly in Bucks and Oxon.

The day was enjoyable and a good laugh aswell as being informative. The theory was as good a part as the practical, which I wasn't expecting.

I have only just realised what I have learned in a short space of time after driving to work this morning and then explaining to my friends about the 'system' (based on the Police driving instruction manual Roadcraft) - I really enjoyed it more than ever - the car feels fantastically balanced in the corners now and I also gained a couple of quick overtaking opportunities which would have previously been a struggle.

I also feel massively more confident with the car as I have much more idea when I am going at the correct speed for the corner approaching and the correct use of the GAS and that I can see potential problems early.

Thanks again John for teaching me how to enjoy my car to its potential - I promise I will keep learning (roadcraft manual is on its way) and I will continue to GLF!

I would highly recommend you to contact John if you want to improve your road driving – I’m sure you will enjoy!

Cheers
Paul