Sponsored by:

advice on 1st scoob

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2003, 05:41 PM
i8gtmf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone
Just after a bit of advice have be droned at by every car dealer from here to lands end so thought i'd ask the people that really know scoobs.
Right have saved me dosh and have around 12-13k to spend on me first scoob only thing is must be 4 door have kids in tow also insurance ain't a problem as i'm over 30.Have seen a few cars with ppp is this worth the extra cash and what do i get for my money over a standard car.Thought very seriously about a tracker are these worth the outlay cos i don't want it going missing in the first week..
Anyways what does anyone think is a good first buy or should i save more cash for an audi tt........errm no
Cheers
Dave.
Old 28 July 2003, 05:46 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Cool

You could do worse than this

Tracker won't stop it going missing, but will help you get it back. Downside to that is it'll be classed as "stolen/recovered" on HPI thereafter, thus killing resale values later, so some don't want them back.
To stop it going missing invest in a Cat1, Disklok, Blackjax, Barrier Deadlock and a baseball bat.

Happy shopping, and welcome.

[Edited by corradoboy - 7/28/2003 5:51:36 PM]
Old 28 July 2003, 08:08 PM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

UK Turbo for price/dealer support & still strong performance.
Infact e-mail me I've got a very late model very low miles immaculate one in your price range which is for sale
Old 28 July 2003, 08:11 PM
i8gtmf
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice most of the cars iv'e seen come with a cat 1 alarm which i assume is factory fit are these any good or do the need something more.
Nice car by they way but iv'e got my heart set on a classic
Old 28 July 2003, 08:39 PM
Phil WRX 01
Scooby Regular

I have a 2001 new age wrx I had a tracker fitted to it by the dealer I purchased it from . Reason being peace of mind and the fact that I saved a fair bit on my insurance .
If u have ur heart set on an scooby make sure u purchase it from a main dealer or if u buy private make sure u get it fully checked out before buying because if anything goes wrong it could very costly for u .
Ideal choice of classic impreza 22B .
What make of car do u own just now ?
Old 28 July 2003, 08:43 PM
Impret-Sir
Scooby Regular

I would say for value and four doors, go for a Dutch Import classic.
They are UK spec so no trouble with dealers turning up their noses at them, and they are a fair bit cheaper than actual UK models.
For your money you will get a lovely MY2000 turbo and some change.
As for security, yes a cat 1 is a must, but you simply can not have too much secuity, anything and everything is a good idea, the more the merrier in my opinion.
Old 28 July 2003, 08:53 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

well depending how soon yer in a rush but either way come to the next derby meet & get to see sum scoobies in the flesh & get an idea of the differences & the great joys of ownership
I dont recall you saying you were in need of a UK car so if i was you i'd ignore the PPP factor & get a faster better spec STi from Japan etc PPP is great dont get me wrong but if your not limited to warrenty etc cause youve bought a new(er) car then you can get same performance for less money IMO & the Jap motors have the better performance & since insurance aint a worry then no real disadvantages as even thou subaru dealers might not service them there are numerous places in the area that again IMO are far better at dealing with the scooby
if your in need of basic info click here for FAQ
Tiz all good either way dont get me wrong i have a UK scooby (for now )
Si
Old 28 July 2003, 10:08 PM
i8gtmf
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies folks taking in any advice i can don't want to by a shed but i'm edging more towards a uk car maybe move to an jap import later but uk has a fair bit more power than then 2.0 si mondeo iv'e driven for the last 6 years whilst the kids were growing up.
Si,don,'t think i can wait that long to get a scoob i want one yesterday...might pay a visit to the meet though sounds fun wife n kids allowed or do i send em off to mcdonalds out the way.
Old 29 July 2003, 07:09 AM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

mate evryone is welcome many wives & kids love coming (OK some get draggedlol) the bubble does good food as well although i'm sure there is a makky dees or similar not a million miles away but dont hold me to that
You shouldn't have any troubles getting a decent car anyway but if you can befriend sum1 who nows their stuff then it can only help get a beaut Have you been out for a play in one yet?
Si (selling my UK MY97 at end of Aug )
Old 29 July 2003, 06:40 PM
i8gtmf
Scooby Regular

No haven't been out for a run yet although seen plenty of cars .Had quite a few offers including MY98 white sti running 300bhp had everything apart from 4 doors asked the missus if we could abandon kids and got a slap for me trouble so had to let the chance go wounded i was.Also been offered 3 MY01 and a Terzo just yesterday which i'm giving some thought to(cheers Jon),so futures looking good should find something soon i hope.As for the meet if i get a scoob in time sounds fun...
Old 29 July 2003, 08:10 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

even if not come along there's plenty of non scoobs usually
Si
Old 29 July 2003, 08:13 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

infact check out pikkies from last un these meets at the bubble have a nice array of rice rockets
Si
Old 29 July 2003, 10:17 PM
Broon
Scooby Newbie

www.indycarsales.co.uk

some nice machines on here for u

all tuned
Old 02 August 2003, 08:04 PM
i8gtmf
Scooby Regular

Well iv'e gone and done it and bought myself a mighty fine if i do say so myself MY00 scooby dooby doo just done 20k and just had it's service downside it i got to wait a week to pick her up ..oh **** only 160 hours to go............
Old 02 August 2003, 11:10 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Hi i8gtmf welcome to the club m8! we have had our STI v2 for 4 months now and still feel like a little kid when I pull it out of the garage! your face will hurt from smilling the day you pick it up and probably for a few days after!! ps come to the notts/derby mini meet we had a great reception when we first went to a meet scooby people are just great!! hope to see you there Adam&Debbie
Old 02 August 2003, 11:20 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Red face

just done 20k
blimey that is sum serious driving you must really like it lol
Si