ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

max power or max puke?

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2003, 12:46 AM
fabross
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

i see a lot of boy racer bashing here and i under stand where some is coming from,but im 23 myself and read max power along with many other car mags purely for love of cars and naked babes.point being not all of us are nutters with road missiles and both young and old are guilty of speeding at one time or other i mean why a scooby? because its a nice car?dont think so i got mine because of its performance and you have to admit some cars in max power are really fantastic show stopping cars..sprry for droneing on but i cool cars full stop...any views??
Old 27 July 2003, 01:16 AM
wanted
Scooby Regular

I don't think it is the actual cars that people take a disliking to, it's just that the stigma attatched to max power is the young male with a car that has cheapo mods on that look ****e, and he tries to race everything that he comes accross, and thinks he can win rather than just appreciating a nice car. You don't have to spend a fortune on a car to make it a nice car. Lets take the classic max power car for instance, the nova. Now i have seen some nice looking nova's, with subtle sleek styling, and you can tell that it has been looked after. Not everyone can afford the car of thier dreams, and just because someone drives a brand new car rather than a 10 year old car, it doesn't make them superior, even though some ar5eh@les will think so. It took me over 5 years of wanting before i could afford a subaru, but all the cars i had before were still my pride and joy at the time, and i still drove them with my head held high.
While there are still prats that think that every set of traffic lights has to be taken with a wheel spin, then the "boy racer" label will stick, it's just that the max power brigade are an easy target for it to be directed at.

ps,Maybe it's best not to reply to topics after a skinfull.
Old 27 July 2003, 01:24 AM
SUB VERT
Scooby Regular

Wink

still fairly lucid though, wanted!

After my skinful I'm feeling very 'live-and-let-live'.

I have to admit that the max power boys make me smile (even cringe) but I have to remind myself that when I was their age I worked for Custom Car magazine and absolutely loved the whole scene.

At the end of the day, I feel quite lucky to own a scooby (only for the last 3 months mind you) but I absolutely loved my 206 GTI before it and I'm not prepared to say what cars I have been 'proud' of before that!!

Old 27 July 2003, 01:27 AM
fabross
Scooby Regular

Wink

i know what you amean the classic nova boys or fiesta crew that are always up my **** where im from but then its funny some just dont get the point do they ps i dont drink just ****e at typing
Old 27 July 2003, 07:16 AM
scoobydevil1
Scooby Regular

i must get more than my fair share boy racers , it just pi$$es you off when you go out to test a clients cars you are running 280bhp min in a car which only has the two front seats and a rollcage and you get some nova up ya *** .

i was out a few weeks a go driving a rally prep'ed evo and i had some lad in a corsa sri right up my *** flashing his lights, thourght i had a prob with the car so pulled in to a lay by he follows me in jumps out of his car and said up for a race then? told him i was running 400+ bhp 4wd ect ect after a few seconds i get the reply that he has an induction kit and new cams and it would be fair .go figure cause i can't
Old 27 July 2003, 10:00 AM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

I dont think it matters what you drive, people will always judge you on it, take my rusty old capri for example, i used to cruise around in this in the mid 80's and get laughed at by the boys in their souped up motors at the traffic lights, only having a single 3" exhaust they thought it was a sluggish old 1600 with a go faster box bolted on the back but you should have seen their faces what the green light dropped!! great fun and very wolf in sheeps clothing

Old 27 July 2003, 01:35 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Your going to get boy racers anywhere. Whether they read Max power, fast car, redline, revs or any other mag. You will always get the odd tw@t thinking his car can beat an 800bhp skyline! lol

Most of the boy racers do seem to have a nova/fiesta/corsa/saxo cause they can easily bought and tuning is much cheaper.

Some of the cars in Max Power are amazing though and can put scooby owners to shame! lol