Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For Sale Forum - Dark forces at work.......

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2003, 06:19 PM
Kevin Groat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Before I start, there's no names or finger pointing - just a tale warning about some less than reputable folks that frequent this board.

Recently I was in contact with a well known Scoobynetter selling some stuff on the For Sale forum. It was a fixed price including carriage, I was first to get in touch and was assured I had first refusal pending sorting out some carriage details. In the end, I agreed that although the asking price included carriage, because of my location I would pay carriage and still pay the original asking price. Phoned and followed up with email (clear as can be) to explain this and duly sent the cheque the following morning as explained in the email. Phoned the seller following a weekend break to be told he'd received an answerphone message from someone advising they weren't pursuing the purchase - he assumed this to be me and had promptly sold them to someone else. Along with this, he still hadn't received my cheque 5 days after posting it first class - first snailmail message I've lost in 39 years on the planet, hmmm......I've now cancelled the cheque.

Like I said, no finger pointing but either,

1) the seller sold to someone else (I know he was offered ££ in excess of what he wanted and we agreed)
2) whoever did get the items pretended to be me and cancelled my purchase then bought the items themselves

I've bought a few bits and pieces off the board with no problem - always felt the SNET community could be trusted and I'm sure in general it can. But this does go to show there are some less than reputable folk using the board as well.

Be careful out there.
Old 23 July 2003, 06:27 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!
Well said.

simb
Old 23 July 2003, 06:33 PM
image doctor
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a simple misunderstanding to me.