Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuned MY03 WRX....at last !

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2003, 09:57 AM
integrale
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just thought i'd let u guys know incase anyone was thinking of doing similar........
After some speculation (well about 2 days after picked up new WRX with 00001 miles on the clock) i've been gagging to make it go a tad quicker. Anyway my quest for more power took me to all the usual suspects...Scoobysport, Power Engineering, BRD, etc (all of which are reckoned to be very good btw). Anyway after doing loads and loads of research and speaking to as many customers as possible I made a very well judged decision to go with Xtreme Scoobies in Essex and boy did i make the right decision. Yesterday I handed them my pride and joy (under 2k on the clock!) and they gave it back to me several hours later a totally different car. In a nutshell they:
Fitted a Hayward and Scott Stainless Exhaust sourced through Xtreme(inc up-pipe and down-pipe with a custom tail pipe designed to my own spec (4inch outwardly rolled lip, slash cut although i could have had anything i wanted titanium, round, oval, whatever)......I looked at god only knows how may zorsts (I actually went to the factories to see them being made) and these are the best in quality and price, not stupid loud but a massive improvement over the PPP zorst volume and rumble. Anyway after the full decat to complete the breathing they replaced the air filter element with an ITG jobbie. Then it was out on the road with the mapper God Pat (yes the same guy that does mapping for ScoobySport too). Anyway I wont bore you all with the specifics but lets just say that the Zorst, filter and remap make the car was much, much quicker. Its smoother, the turbo kicks in much earlier and stays on song for longer, in a nutshell its transformed the car. I really cannot believe how much better/quicker it drives. No disrespect to any owners with PPP'd cars but the EcuTek route and full decat is like the next step on from PPP - then again the PPP is £1600 whereas EcuTek and Fulldecat, etc works out at about £1900 - so i guess u get what u pay for.
Anyway just wanted to tell all about my "new" car.
Lastly i'd just like to congratulate the guys at Xtreme (Knowlsey, Stuart and Steve) on a fantastic setup, the service recieved is sooo good and they've even got an Xbox in the customer waiting room ! I wouldnt trust anybody else with my car.
Old 04 July 2003, 10:11 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
>then again the PPP is £1600 whereas EcuTek and Fulldecat, etc >works out at about £1900

Don't forget to factor in the work you may have had done under warranty for the next 3 years.

Old 04 July 2003, 10:29 AM
TON3
Scooby Regular

Talking

Got any pics of ur exhaust?
Old 04 July 2003, 10:45 AM
integrale
Scooby Regular

mmmm.....cant say too much about what i would do if it all went bang, but think about it......what gets put on a car can just as easily be taken off a car....eh? who said that, terrible echo round here...lol