Sponsored by:

IS THIS A SCOOBY SITE OR NOT?

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2003, 01:24 PM
TON3
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

if its just me i apologise but ive seen it a few times, and it does **** me off!

Perhaps im just avin a bad day!

[Edited by TON3 - 7/1/2003 1:27:30 PM]
Old 07 February 2003, 02:03 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Wink

Fantastic

A Subaru site
the thread title
and it ends up with a slagging match between ...

Saxo Boy

and

Integrale

*Si goes away laughing, hanging and scratching his head*

[Edited by SiPie - 7/2/2003 2:04:09 PM]
Old 07 February 2003, 02:12 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Talking

You do come across as very "ANTI-SCOOBY" sometimes.
I think that in defence of Kenny ... again the truth is that he's more pro-Saxo rather than Anti-Scoob

Integrale

That comment actually makes you look really really stupid on this forum, especially to the loads of people that actually know Kenny ....... but never mind .. ho hum

Cheers
Si

PS My old prelude 2.2vtech was magic ... ho ho ho

[Edited by SiPie - 7/2/2003 2:13:47 PM]
Old 07 February 2003, 04:24 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Wink

lol at above

however....

Kenny

Here's a test for you mate

Excluding your user name...see if you can type a paragraph on Scoobynet without mentioning the word Saxo

[Edited by SiPie - 7/2/2003 4:25:19 PM]
Old 07 March 2003, 10:18 AM
TON3
Scooby Regular

Talking

Well **** mine i didnt expect this thread 2 be still goin when i got up this morning!

My next thread is gonna be SAXO BOY vs INTEGRALE!

U 2 should be able 2 get a couple of hundred posts between ya on that one!

[Edited by TON3 - 7/3/2003 2:06:47 PM]
Old 01 July 2003, 01:03 PM
TON3
Scooby Regular

I find it really hard 2 believe that ppl come on here to slag scoobys off, do they have nothing better 2 do, ive just read some of the Scooby v's M3 debate and just cant understand how some ppl are so sad, its just not on this occasion though it happens all the feckin time!

So a message 2 some of those ppl, grow up, get a life,and get a girlfriend! It might get rid of some of that testosterone wish is raging inside ya!

is this just my view or do ya know where im coming from?
Old 01 July 2003, 01:13 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

From what I saw of the M3 thread it was being contributed to by in most cases long established SN users that regularly make a valuable contribution. I didn't see any newbies that came on to cause trouble with the exception of "I hate Saxo Boy"
Old 01 July 2003, 01:31 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Wink

I find you really notice the people that come on to cause trouble. Often they have user names like, 'scoobys suck' and their first post goes something like this:

"Hi, I've got a quadturbo'd Nova with 400bhp and I totally wasted a sh1tty imprezzzza the other day, LOL. I could see he was trying as he had sweat on his fourhead from pressing the acclerator so hard, LOL. He got off the line well but then I passed him, LOL, laughed at him, LOL and then dissapeared, LOL. I thought scooby's were supposed to be fast LOL"
Old 01 July 2003, 01:32 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Go home, have a beer and chill out.
If threads like that disappeared for good, you would miss them. Bit of banter
Old 01 July 2003, 02:06 PM
TON3
Scooby Regular

lol, ok i suppose ur right, nuttin like a good scrap!

Beer now thats more like it, i'll just chill until the next **** takes a pop at my pride and joy!
Old 01 July 2003, 03:21 PM
Danny Fisher
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Ton, I have owned a scoob for the last 4+ years. I have not read or posted in the M3 thread that you talk about, but every now and then I post something that starts a little bit of banter. I am taking a bashing at the moment, for which I dont mind. Here!

Those on here that know me either face to face or via mails, know that I post for fun.

Dan

Old 01 July 2003, 03:27 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Wink

Also in answer to the topic title IS THIS A SCOOBY SITE OR NOT?

No it's Scoobynet - The Subaru Impreza and Performance Car Community or at least that's what it says on my browser!

Yes I do have an Impreza, and why race M3's when it's so easy to show up Porsche C4's and Ferrari 355's!! (Or at least it was in my old Impreza!!!)
Old 01 July 2003, 03:57 PM
binatone
Scooby Regular

I am with you TON3, i am quite new to scoobynet, and new to the subaru world, as just got a 93 wrx 2 wks ago, but i have noticed some peoples attitudes regarding " fast" style driving and i thought god i must be on a volvo website !!!.

People buy subarus for one thing " SPEED ", dont get me wrong they are a nice drive and have a fair amount of room inside them, but the main thing that draws people to scoobs is they have incredible acceleration and handling, so when someone comes on here and posts they have a good race or abit of fun in their subaru, why do they get slated for expressing there enjoyment with other owners ???? The people that do the slating and put posts on here slating other peeps enjoyment should px there scooby and but a VOLVO ESTATE !!!!

But having said that i do not condone reckless driving, BUT we have ALL broke the speed limit at some point ... Now ill get off my soap box ...
Old 01 July 2003, 04:07 PM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

Some good points above - I only bought the scoob for reputation, not speed as its not mega quick. On saying that, great car and I would deffo buy another.

SN has a well known reputation for being pretty unfriendly even amongst their own. But there are times when good hearted repartee becomes quite serious and nasty - never seen a board with some many locked/deleted threads because of abuse.

But hey, the majority of SN users are pretty cool. So are well known wind up merchants, and it does take time to figure them out.
Old 01 July 2003, 04:21 PM
boombastictunes
Scooby Newbie

Wink

this is an old skool club and if u aint wearing the old skool tie your face will never fit!
Old 01 July 2003, 04:43 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

SN has a well known reputation for being pretty unfriendly even amongst their own
Totally disagree!!!! I read and/or contribute to a lot of car BBS's and SN is easily one of the most friendly sites going. The CTR sight is scary if you say the wrong thing!!
Old 01 July 2003, 05:35 PM
integrale
Scooby Regular

lol, glad someone started this thread....thought the M3 thread went on way too long. Still if people have something to say then let'em. Made me laff though how it turned into a "My Subaru is really fast" against the "no it's not, my hot hatch is quicker" debate.
Whilst I'm at it can i just say for the record that i've owned loads of hot hatches (Clio's, civic type r, etc) and some pretty decent other cars (integrale's, porkers and an M3 most recently) and can honestly say that pound for pound you cant beat the Impreza. It does most things very well and doesnt pretend to be anything it isnt (unlike a lot of "warm" hatches that look fast and ...well thats it really just look fast).
The scoobs quick (especially when tuned!), reliable, easy to drive fast and has 4 doors for picking up the kids on the school run when u give it to the missus. To date I dont know of a car that can do all of them things.
Old 01 July 2003, 05:36 PM
greg.g
Scooby Regular

Location: Faster than a quickshift.... get yourself a bionic arm ;)
Wink

Who cares?
Cuz my cars fasta than yors

Greg
Old 01 July 2003, 06:09 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

"My Subaru is really fast" against the "no it's not, my hot hatch is quicker" debate.
LMAO No it didn't Who in their right mind would advocate that any standard hot hatch is faster than an STI 8 with PPP (300-odd bhp)!! Much less say that a VTS is faster! What I will say though is that if performance is your kicks then sorry but a VTS pound for pound (or even better yet a Clio cup pound for pound) totally wastes a scooby!! The VTS once rolling only very slowly looses out to a a new WRX and will stick with it in twisties all day long in the dry. A cup would outright beat it from a rolling start!! A cup is at least 7k cheaper than a WRX and a VTS over 10k cheaper if you include cash back and insurance deals.

Factor in running costs and the cup and vts totally hammer the WRX and in my opinion would still hammer the STI in performance to the pound stakes

So why don't we all go and get a cup/vts. Simple, the scooby is a different, bigger, better, more comfortable, more practical 4 door saloon with 4 wheel drive and a 2.0T engine - to many a 1.6 or 2.0 hatchback just isn't a consideration for a multitude of reasons and moreover lots of people are willing to pay all that extra for the extra performance - the same way people will spend 100k on a car when one for 20k can be just as fast or faster

Sorry for the mini-rant but I don't like people puting words into my mouth
Old 01 July 2003, 09:22 PM
Scoobydick
Scooby Regular

Apologies, not read the full thread but, Yes - M3=wannaberichbutimnotprickmobilefortossingoffin.
Old 01 July 2003, 11:15 PM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

Nope cant agree with you Saxo boy - this site has had a reputation before I joined it. Its full of gits who take 'one line snipes' at people they dont even know - that aint right. Lets agree to disagree cause you'll never convince me otherwise.

Whats with this desire to impress us with Saxo stats though? I much prefer Civics - cant beat a VTi I say, in looks, performance, reliability....oh hell, anything.
Old 02 July 2003, 08:22 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Not trying to impress anyone! Its just that for now the Saxo is at the absolute end of it production line and the deals on them new are plane crazy - you get a lot of performance in a brand new car for very little money. When Citroen finally pull the plug on production I'll probably use the cup as my example.....and so on....

In my opinion when the scooby first came out it was at a time where there were pretty much no good hot-hatches (the market shat it because of insurance remember). At that time a scooby was untouchable for performance to the pound but the hatches are back big time and the scooby can't compete agaist them for performance to the pound (heck, most hatches these days have 200bhp (almost) through two wheels and are lightweight). As I said above though, performance to the pound isn't the most important thing, yadda, yadda, yadda - a lot of people (myself included) are more than happy to pay the extra for the little extra performance and in particular the AWD abilities of a scooby

Mark, go log into the CTR-uk site and make a few varied posts about cars, life in general, etc. Then come back and tell me SN isn't friendly
Old 02 July 2003, 08:23 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

I was using new cars as an example otherwise I'd probably have used the CRX VTi whajamacallit with VTEC and 160bhp as it spanks a VTS and is cheap as chips on the 2nd hand market.
Old 02 July 2003, 09:13 AM
integrale
Scooby Regular

Sorry saxo-boy but i don't agree. I understand where your comming from as I've owned some cars in my time and at the ripe old age of 31 can definately say, been there and done that. I've owned a clio cup and believe me even in the right hands they do not lap donnington as quickly as a scoob (or anywhere else for that matter), simple as that, and i know 'cos i've done it ! I raced several hot hatches in the slick 50 series several years ago and yes they are a right laff, yes they are cheap as chips and yes for what they are they're quick but pls dont come on here and preach to me (or anyone else) that they are this and that. They do what they say on the tin (fwd, short wheelbase, lightweight hatchback).
There u go, u've successfully drawn me into your debate on Scoobynet about hatchbacks,...damn...lol. Actually come to think of it isnt their a Saxo forum for your banter, dont mean to offend but i dont go on the Zonda/Radical/Lambo forums and tell them my Scoob is way quicker than their cars...lol.
Old 02 July 2003, 10:03 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

I got a bite, I got a bite Should I strike?

url]www.saxosportsclub.co.uk[/url] Which I contribute to but SN is my forum home given that I own an Impreza I'm not debating your scooby is quicker round a track than a cup but I'm very suprised? For solid state (as in slowly build up speed until one of the ends lets go) dry handing my VTS could hold on longer than the scooby. But that said the VTS has lower profile tyres so maybe that was it

I would have thought a cup would be better than most scoobys on track Oh well

I should stress I'm not arguing here or being a git, just putting a point of view across (which may well be (likely is) wrong). I know a lot of SN users see 'saxo boy' and just the name gets their back up but I'm not changing my name.....so........

I should also stress that I love my scooby and its a far better car than any I've owned before. But it is a heck of a lot more expensive than a hot-hatch for very little extra gain IMHO. That said, I love the looks/comments you get from other people.

"Oh my god, you drive and Impreza....!!"
Old 02 July 2003, 10:57 AM
jasontaylor
Scooby Regular

Saxo Boy, what an intelligent chap you are.

I totally get what you're saying, correct me if I'm wrong but the gist is: A Clio Cup is potentially as fast as a WRX but the WRX is a nicer place to be, bigger and more practical, the same can be said of the STi, it's potentially as fast as a 996 C4, but the 996 is better built and higher quality materials…. Ad infinitum

Am I right or shall I shut up?
Old 02 July 2003, 11:01 AM
integrale
Scooby Regular

lol, nice....and does that mean a Zonda is a better car than an Austin Allegro ? or can we all go round the block and state the obvious on this one too...
Old 02 July 2003, 11:24 AM
v5 man
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In reply to the original title, all forums are the same. i`ve been part of modified car forums for a while, and am a senior member on uk-mkivs.net for the mk4 golf. even on that site you get 1.8T owners looking down at 1.4, 1.6 and diesel owners. its part and parcel.not that i endorse it mind!
rgds cliff
Old 02 July 2003, 11:29 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Looks like TON3 achieved it successfully and got you all to bite
Old 02 July 2003, 11:30 AM
TON3
Scooby Regular

Quick Reply: IS THIS A SCOOBY SITE OR NOT?