1st Car Whorehouse experience

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2003, 10:57 PM
worley
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Are these places for real or what??

I went to a particular car warehouse near the M6 looking for a car (for/with a friend). 2 door coupe possibly Integra Type R or Fiat Coupe Turbo.

(1) The spiel they gave us lasted 10 minutes and not the two minutes promised by these people.

(2) The Loan rate was a wapping 19.9 APR!!

(3) The cars advertised were not there - Non of them to be precise.

(4) The salesman was shocking - Rimmer from Red Dwarf came to mind (with a brummy acsent).

(5) The cars (tagged as valetted) looked like they had been done by a set of blind folded Bagders on a bender.

(6) The prices of the other vehicules were over inflated - eg Fiat Coupe 20v (Non turbo) dents and damaged interior 58k miles £10k!!! There were also some shagged Scoobies on sale for £12k!! some had actually been sold

All they seemed to do, was exploit the un-initiated. 75 cars a weekend the 'salesman' said.

Suffice to say I will not be going back.
Old 28 June 2003, 11:42 PM
LanciaChris
Scooby Regular

I now someone who I believe bought a mitsi fto from that one of the places in that area. Looked straight, but upon proper cleaning found glass in the front and back from where the windscreens had been smashed somehow, and one of the doors was a different colour on the inside. All advertised as hpi clear of course.
Old 28 June 2003, 11:49 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Cool

Had no problems with Motorpoint as long as you make sure the car is from the EU.

I recall on one of the TV programs they were shifting 100+ cars per day on the run up to the 51 reg's.

The cars on show are not valeted, even if you pay to have them valeted before you fetch them be prepared for a day with the polish after you collect it.

Don't expect dealer sales service, its along the lines of "Do you want it at that price or not?"

Lee