Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Piston Slap saga

Search this Thread

Old 25 June 2003, 04:58 PM
KaraK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As some of you might have seen I posted a while back in the technical forum that I had a problem with piston slap and an unco-operative dealer.

Well the saga has now dragged on to the point where I have phoned more or less everyone under the sun and related my plight to them.

Subaru Proven -> said it wasn't their problem as they only deal with actual failures (and apparantly that doesn't include me)

Subaru UK -> said that they won't do anything as the car is over 70k miles

Dealer -> has offered to pay for half the work and suggests I try and get Subaru UK to pay the rest.

Really the party I'm miffed at here is the dealership. Let me excplain...

When I bought the car I had basically the choice of two, an MY98 4-door with 71k on the clock or an MY97 5-door with 80k on the clock.

The wagon was basically a coupla grand cheaper but I went for the saloon for several reasons a major one of which was that I was told that I would be getting "a full subaru warranty" on the car. Whereas they would only offer a 6 months dealership warranty on the wagon (because 80k miles was a cut off for the warranty apprantly). Now the peace of mind of a manufacturers warranty was a big factor for me, it's one of the reasons why I paid the permium of going main dealer in the first place. So I think tbh I have a bit of a right to be miffed to find out that no only have they sold me a car with a defect, but that I haven't got the warranty it was implied I was getting