NCAP Scores for Impreza's

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2003, 09:39 PM
BlueTrap
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Hiya All,

After watching another testosterone filled edition of Top Gear I was curious to know what our pride and joys scored in the current tests.

WOW was I when I saw a lowly TWO stars for Impreza's from 93 to 99!!!!!

Any thoughts on this people.... Please if I'm wrong then, I'd Love to know!
Old 22 June 2003, 09:44 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
how about a MY00 ?

Old 22 June 2003, 09:45 PM
Crush
Scooby Regular

Fit a roll cage
Old 23 June 2003, 08:44 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Where did you find the results? I couldn't find any data on the old Impreza.

The new one scores 4 stars out of 5 in the Australian crash test - I'm not sure whether they're directly comparable, though, and the new car certainly is safer than the old. That's why it's heavier.

There's a fair bit of anecdotal evidence to suggest that the old Scooby is pretty strong in a crash - so don't panic just yet. Take an advanced driving course if you're worried; that'll greatly improve your chances of not being in an accident at all.

A.
Old 23 June 2003, 09:18 AM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
They are here:

http://www1.tpgi.com.au/users/mpaine/ncaplist.html
Old 23 June 2003, 01:18 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

The MY2002 also did very well in the U.S. crash tests... This from the www.subaru.com news section

----

IIHS CRASH TEST: SUBARU IMPREZA IS TOP-RATED SMALL CAR
-- 2002 Impreza Achieves Institute's 'Best Pick' Distinction --

CHERRY HILL, N.J., March 20, 2002 - Subaru of America, Inc. (SOA), announced today that the 2002 Subaru Impreza achieved the highest rating (good) in the most recent series of frontal offset crash tests performed by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The Impreza also earned the Institute's coveted "Best Pick" designation.

"The occupant compartment of the Subaru Impreza maintained its shape extremely well in the offset test, and the dummy's movement was well controlled. All measures recorded on the dummy indicated low risk of injury," said Institute President Brian O'Neill. "This was a very good performance."

Vehicle ratings reflect performance in 40-mph frontal offset crash tests into a deformable barrier. Based on the results, the Institute evaluates the crashworthiness of passenger vehicles, assigning each vehicle a rating from good overall to poor. The Institute's frontal offset test is especially demanding of the vehicle's structure, as a relatively small area of the vehicle's front-end structure must manage the crash energy.

"Safety is a primary tenet of the Subaru brand," said T.K. Saito, chairman, president and CEO, Subaru of America, Inc. "We are very pleased with the IIHS results, as they further reinforce our commitment to occupant safety. All Subaru vehicles - including Legacy, Forester and Impreza - have received the Institute's highest rating. In addition to providing superior occupant protection in the event of a collision, Subaru vehicles not only provide protection in the event of a collision, but our Subaru All-Wheel Drive system provides drivers with superior traction and control to help avoid accidents."

The 2002 Impreza lineup includes the 2.5 RS sedan, WRX sedan and Sport Wagon, Outback Sport and 2.5 TS Sport Wagon. Since its introduction, the 2002 Impreza WRX has garnered numerous industry awards, including Automobile Magazine's "Automobile of the Year" for 2002 and was selected as one of Car and Driver magazine's "10 Best" cars for 2002.

---
Old 23 June 2003, 11:16 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can anyone help me out with the rating for a 1998 lotus Elise, not mine, a mates!!
ta