Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with car and dealer - advice required.

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2003, 05:55 PM
cmdcorrola
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

The second car in our family is a wicked little Peugeot 206 1.4 LX. The car is 12 months old and has never been any trouble other than a quite ridiculous problem with the indicators - they either refuse to switch on (the lever springing back when attempting to switch them on) orflick onto the opposite side when turning a sharp corner.

Now to the most of us this is a trivial problem that we would put down to nothing and live with it but not my missus - and quite rightly so - we have both worked extremely hard for this car. She is really proud of her car and sees it as dangerous that the indicators do not work in the way that they should.

The car has been back to the dealer 4 times (Its a known fault with all 206's) - each time having the "COM 2000" box (which apparently controls all of the lights / switches / airbag etc.) all to no avail.

All the dealer keeps saying is "Try this one and bring it back if it doesn't work" which is a complete waste of both our time and still renders the car dangerous. Note: All new Peugeots do not suffer from this malfunction.

Can anyone please offer me some advise as to where I stand. Could I demand a new car - the only way I can guaruntee a working vehicle. Would it be best to speak to Trading Standards?

Any info a most greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 17 June 2003, 05:59 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
perhaps you can return it on the "sale of goods act" or same effect...

obviously the car aint right, so have a chat with the dealer principal - they should be ok, as it's a Peugeot problem, not dealer....

Best of luck

Dan