Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!!!!!Scooby owner pulled out of car in Oldham!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 16 June 2003, 12:53 PM
RICH WILD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Sunday (yesterday) at 7.25pm

Dark green Legacy turbo reg no K 637 LDM. He's a pal and a fellow customer of Jap Innovations.

He was followed along the M60 by 4 guys in a Black Honda and got a bit supicious, so he stopped outside a shop on Ashton Road in Oldham and the Honda carried on. Next time he looked, the Honda had doubled back and was going the other way. Still, he thought he was safe, it was broad daylight and there were plenty of people around and he didn't want to go back home in case they followed him there. As he got back in the car to drive off, 2 guys ran up to the car with balaclavas on and yanked him out saying "we're nicking your car, get out or we're gonna f***ing kill you".
His attackers were Asian. They jumped in the car and shot off.

If anyone from round Oldham area sees the car can you ring the police or Jap Innovations on 0161 652 0920.

Everyone else, keep your eye out for a black Honda following you, although that was probably stolen too.

The car is a mint standard example but still probably only worth £3000. If this is what these kind of people will do for £3000, what would they do for £10000?

SCUM.

Old 16 June 2003, 12:56 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Angry

****ing *****.... this kind of thing really pisses me off. They deserve a damm good *** kicking..... be a bit harder to knick a car when you've had your spine snapped!!!!!

Tony.
Old 16 June 2003, 01:00 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

are those tazer guns legal in the uk yet? if so thats the next mod im planning on adding.

scum, lets hope these scum do some damage to themselves only.

Old 16 June 2003, 01:06 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
no they are not legal (tazers) plus I don't think they work too well anyway (see JKnoxville from Jackass getting hit with one- he is still able to attack- pepper spray on the otherhand WILL take down an attacker-illegal though). You can get a steering wheel lock called "Billy Bat" which while being useless as an anti theft device looks exactly like a metal baseball bat. If you were forced to use it in self defence they couldn't have you for carrying an offensive weapon.
Remember when travelling in urban areas lock you doors at all times and don't open your windows more than a little bit.
Old 16 June 2003, 01:28 PM
EvilKyote
Scooby Regular

Also, maybe people would like to think about investing in an anti hijack device, I believe thay are built into the clifford alarm series (the 400 and upwards i think), At least this way you can let them *think* they are gonna get away when they take off, but they ain't gonna get very far

It's terrible that this sort of thing happens. I think those guys musta been watching too much fast and the furious!

T0SSERS!

Hope he gets the car back!
Old 16 June 2003, 01:29 PM
===WRX===
Scooby Regular

50.0000voltz in the ***** would stop an elephant in its tracks..

ill be getting one as soon as i get over to europe..

bloodie swines

BUY YOUR OWN YOU THIVEING LITTLE SMACKHEADS
Old 16 June 2003, 01:41 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Angry

This really is getting too close to home, after all the cars stolen from the Manchester area Have my digs in Oldham, but glad I don't have my scooby any more.

They are scum and need to be stopped as soon as possible before they hurt / kill someone

See loads of black Honda's around Oldham, any more details on the car.

Richard
Old 16 June 2003, 01:48 PM
WRBlue-STi7-Prodrive
Scooby Regular

thats a bit worrying - i live in oldham area, think i will have to get myself a taser like above

There are loads of black hondas in oldham, any distinguishing features? (sorry for spellin its monday)

Nick
Old 16 June 2003, 01:49 PM
WRBlue-STi7-Prodrive
Scooby Regular

i dont think the honda would be from oldham tho!!
Old 16 June 2003, 01:50 PM
Nick_TypeUK
Scooby Regular

I dont know the specs of the car they stole but if its high powered and 4wd they probably want it to ram raid, escape from the police in a robbery or steal faster more exspensive cars in the same fasion.

One thing you have to understand in this @@@@ed up country is that criminials have more rights than you do, its almost at the stage that they can call the police and demand you give them your car.

Stun guns are pretty much a waste of time (the voltage is irrelevant as you can survive 1,000,000 volts without even noticing you have been hit, its the ampage that matters), at best used on a fit young person all it will do is knock them to the ground with each shock, but they will simply get up again (i know i have had one used on me). Taser allows you to give multiple shocks without getting too close (providing they dont pull the wires) but you can only use it on one person (and theres normally more than one carjacker). If the person has a heart condition and they die you will be done for manslaughter which can carry a sentence of life in jail. My understanding of the current law is that being caught with a stun gun is classed the same as being caught with a real gun and carrys some pretty horrific sentances.

Pepper/CS Sprays are far more effective and allow the control of multiple people at once for 15-20 mins from a single unit (hense why the uk police use them and not stun guns). Im pretty sure they could be lethal to an asthema sufferer thou. Not sure on what would happen if you got caught with one by plod but im pretty sure it wouldnt be nice.
Old 16 June 2003, 01:54 PM
WRBlue-STi7-Prodrive
Scooby Regular

has the lagacy got red or orange mud flaps? my dad seen one today turning into glodwick - he also said it was a dark green coloured.
Old 16 June 2003, 01:59 PM
mkyboy
Scooby Regular

Angry

@UNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When i had my Scooby i thought i had been followed a few times but just dropped it a few gears and lost them. If i thought i was being followed now i'd call the police on my mobile or drive to the nearest police station!

Hope they catch the B@*%$!DS
Old 16 June 2003, 02:18 PM
integrale
Scooby Regular

i'd have made sure that they never walked again.....w#nkers. Always best to keep a nice long handled, flat headed screw driver in the car, the sort that could flip open a man hole cover.
Old 16 June 2003, 02:43 PM
RICH WILD
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the replies.

It really brings it home to you when it happens on your doorstep to someone you know.

I don't think it has coloured mudflaps, but I will check, I think it's standard apart from MY00 Impreza wheels.

Good point about driving to the nearest nick if you reckon you are being followed.

I agree with what has been said about weaponry though. More and more people now are resorting to carrying weapons of some type in their car. But soon the car jackers will twig onto this and will start carrying more serious weaponry too. How long will it be before we start seeing people with pistols in their cars (illegally)? It's ridiculous that we can't use CS or pepper sprays in this country. The law protects the criminal. The powers that be in this country are too bloody namby pamby.

In some other countries you can actually legally defend yourself. NOT here. We are far too politically correct for that.

What we are expected to do is a bit like the police do in the film Demolition Man ie sod all: "With a firm tone of voice, order the suspect to put his hands up" and what happens? Wesley Snipes batters them. It's the same here. Crime really does pay.

Rich [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 16 June 2003, 02:53 PM
Nick_TypeUK
Scooby Regular

I think the drive to the police station is the best advice. Although anyone following me would be totally obvious as im nuts (they normally have blue lights on the top)

As much as we may like love our cars, there lumps of metal, they can be repaired and replaced. People do get killed defending there property, its not worth it. Family and Friends on the other hand....
Old 16 June 2003, 02:59 PM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Question

Okay...

A Patented "Pepper-Spray" (c) & (tm) are illegal to use (and possibly own) in this country, correct?

What about a home made version containing a cocktail of Pepper, Vim, Asbestos, etc?!

Not sure about the target delivery system...Howzabout a washing up bottle container type thing, etc.

Proviso being that use of such a device would probably mean a jail sentence for you, whilst ******-boy is given the job of washing retirement home buses once a week?! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 16 June 2003, 03:12 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Shame you weren't with him m8, they could have made their way to nick via ROH

Completely agree with the seniments Nick, but trouble with legalising posession of pepper spray is availablability.

Every crackhead & wanabe gangster would be buying a can directly after picking up their balaclava. So then you need to carry a bigger can than theirs and a gas mask

Old 16 June 2003, 03:55 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Nope,

A pepper spray with chilli might do the job and "Blair's Death Rain" pepper is the hottest I know of. It's pretty serious stuff and I wouldn't want to 'test' it out, even with medics nearby. I value seeing, breathing and a sense of smell too much.

Vindaloo.
Old 16 June 2003, 04:06 PM
GaryScoobNCBR
Scooby Regular

i had to get a tracker fitted for insurance reasons so id let em have it then track the little feckrs down..
Old 16 June 2003, 05:35 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

how about this, i have a truncheon, carrying that in the car on its own is hard to explain away therefore being an offensive weapon.

Having same said "bat" in the car with a couple of tennis ***** is now a ready made set for a game of rounders - perfectly legal and innocent.

god save the b@st@rds who car jack you on rounders night :P
Old 16 June 2003, 05:59 PM
yoza
BANNED

If your going to carry anything in your car, make sure you know how to use it.
If you dont, you could end up in a worse position than you where already in.
If you opt to fight for your car, remember your putting yourself at risk, if your not used to combat I suggest you let them take it,I know its a terrable thing to say, but its better than getting hospitalised.
To carry a baseball bat (for playing baseball) you will need a glove and ball in your glovebox, you will allso need to lop off 5-6 inches off its length, because its akward to use in its full length, I find playing baseball easier one handed whilst making a grab for the ball far more effective.
Rich keep us posted on the events.
Cheers Yoza.
Old 16 June 2003, 06:16 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All this talk about beating them up is usually just that, talk - its going to take ***** to stand up to 3 geared up car thieves stealing your car, isnt it??

It would depend who was in my car, wife and kid - I get out and get them out and wave bye bye

Myself, alone, depends on how I rated my chances - I have a knife for fishing that I 'sometimes' leave in the car - that jabbed in the eye would give them something to remember!!

Myself and mates heading home from the Gym?? - I'll give you 3 guesses as to my reaction then!! BUT, they are cowards - they won't attack then will they???!!

Its getting stupid now - if you give them a good hiding you will be banged up, no job, no family to see, no freedom ..... while they will sue you and the costs of the case will result in the family home getting sold and your wife and kids on the street to pay the compensation!! How can that be right??

Pete
Old 16 June 2003, 06:38 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs down

It really, really, really disgusts me how quickly the government can move to protect it's own interests, but when "new" crimes hit this godforsaken sh*thole of a country, they take AGES to get their ***** in gear, and protect US, the fekkin taxpayers[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
They've only just got their act together with mobile phone crime, Christ alone knows how long we'll have to wait b4 they get around to noticing the car crime wave, and bringing in REAL deterrents. AFAIK, there's someone dead already from these robbing little *******?

HOW MANY MORE, MR TB.LIAR????
Alcazar[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 16 June 2003, 08:15 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Sad news, but the norm now it seems.

Whilst I'm thinking about what PS Lewis added about losing the house to pay costs etc, shouldn't we all write a cheque tonight for the Tony Martin fighting fund that the Sun newspaper are running?

Let's start here and help Tony's crass situation, even if it's a cheque for £1, it all adds up.

Old 16 June 2003, 10:26 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Spoon, I dunno if this is possible but if it was possible to set-up a Tony Martin registered charity then any contributions could have up to 28p in the pound tax reclaimed (I think!?).

Most of us would think that we'd fight back if someone nicked our car but honestly, the odds aren't too promising. The chances are we'd be alone and outnumbered or asleep at the time. Other than fighting back directly, making as much noise as possible and losing the keys is all I can think of unfortunately.

Vindaloo.
Old 16 June 2003, 11:27 PM
Crush
Scooby Regular

Angry

Fookin Bstards, I hope to **** that they die trying to pull some sort of crime someday [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Scum like that don't deserve to breathe our air! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 17 June 2003, 01:43 AM
Dazza012
Scooby Regular

Angry

shot the mother f**kers..............if only we could
Old 17 June 2003, 07:29 AM
maniac morgan
Scooby Regular

god help anybody who tried to take my car now,(scooby) if i was alone that is, in my younger days i had my gti (golf) jacked, was beaten quite badly i now have a defence weapon that would leave them something to remember for the rest of their lives if they lasted that long. sorry to be so sinical but i had it once and put up no fight still in hospital for 2 months,funily enough these where asians to, i didnt used to be racist but i am defenatly now following my experiance, (i dont carry a fire arm)

morgan
Old 17 June 2003, 07:40 AM
D6ale
Scooby Regular

Wink

I work in the Oldham area, i'll keep my eyes peeled.
Old 17 June 2003, 07:51 AM
killemonthecorners
Scooby Regular

i,ll keep my eyes peeled, i live in the area.

this cant keep happening, something must be done about these b@stards

Quick Reply: !!!!!Scooby owner pulled out of car in Oldham!!!!!!!!