Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prodrive is now fitted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 28 May 2003, 01:06 AM
( R6 CDW )
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK hear it is, After 2 months of driving my wrx 03, I finally had the prodrive performance package fitted.
On the way back home from nobles (scooby dealer) there was little chance to unleash her new potential. (Edinburgh city bypass).

Driving at a steady 60mph there is some intrusive exhaust noise which clearly wasent there before.
I was told to expect this, But none the less it's there.

Have now covered about 150mls with the ppp, And i'm now starting to feel its full potential, Remember what i said about noise!, Well it takes on a diifferarnt meaning when you sink the boot into the cheap carpet.
It is an amazing sound, Very adictive and very sports car sounding,
if you remeber the rumble from the classic, Well!! it's back.

Back, But even more raunchy than before, hit 4,5,6k and your face will star to crack with the smile.

The other important part! "POWER" Yip it's there, for sure. Tha scoob pulls mutch harder threw 2 & 3 gears, And a glance at the speedo will confirm that the numbers are crunched with a lot more pace.
The olny thing a will say to its detriment, External noise!, Very loud, Too loud for my liking. I have found myself change my driving, pulling away and almost stalling in order to reduce the rumble.
However, A small price to pay for a sweet transformation.

9/10 points for the ppp. So go buy one, And be happy too.

chris.

ps no hesitation whats so ever threw gears a reported in other threads.

[Edited by ( R6 CDW ) - 5/28/2003 11:32:38 PM]
Old 28 May 2003, 06:13 AM
davek
Scooby Regular

Glad your pleased but then i thought you would be.
I've had mine on since march (03 wrx) & i agree with you totally, nothing but praise for it, although IMO the sound is a definite plus & i'd be gutted if it wasn't there.

Enjoy, as im sure you will.

dave.
Old 28 May 2003, 09:13 AM
martin_oleary
Scooby Regular

Hi Chris,

Glad to hear such a positive review of PPP for the 03, I'm gonna get mine soon. How many miles has your car now done?
Old 28 May 2003, 10:35 AM
Goldfinger
Scooby Regular

Chris ... glad you are enjoying your motor with the PPP I've got a UK300 with PPP (01 Y-plate with 12k on the clock) ... the power is there on mine, especially through the mid-range where the torque feels particularly 'chubby' ... when your motor loosens up it will no doubt feel even quicker

As for the sound, IMHO its one of the best things about the scoob ... a lovely characterful rumble which can only come from a scoob (sounds similar to my old MY99 with scoobysport back box, but not quite as loud).

Enjoy
Phil
Old 28 May 2003, 12:59 PM
Steve777
Scooby Senior

Lightbulb

The PPP exhaust isn't loud ??? No where near as loud if compared to Scooby sports or TSL Firestorm etc ?

Enjoy the flat four rumble as it was mean't to be
Old 28 May 2003, 01:07 PM
adyhicut
Scooby Senior

Wink

Well just done 1000 miles in my '03 Sti (had it a week) can't wait for the ppp to be fitted. At the mo mines got a firestorm back box and centre section and it sounds horny as hell . Here's looking forward to the power increase and more noise from the exhaust with the downpipe replaced.

Ady
Old 28 May 2003, 01:58 PM
( R6 CDW )
Scooby Regular

MARTIN,

Have now covered aroun 6k with the new scoob, Never having a new car before i cant say if she is fully run-in or not.

I hope she is'nt and she gets more powerfull as time goes on.

Also had the wr sport spoiler fitted and the windows tinted, And i'm waiting on the side skirts being painted and a set of mud flaps fitted.

The windows and the spoiler change the look of the car,I think they made a mistake putting th 02 spoiler on.

chris

[Edited by ( R6 CDW ) - 5/28/2003 2:05:09 PM]
Old 28 May 2003, 02:08 PM
DJ140
Scooby Regular

Agree fully with your report on 03WRX PPP. Exhaust is slightly noisier than I expected and I have to cruise slowly when driving through the local area.

But once out on the private lanes around here it sounds great, no hesitation with mine either and from 0-100 it feels quick.

My only complaints are the crap brakes, seems to move about under heavy braking and the over servoed steering, not sure if there's anything you can do about that, but I will be changing discs and pads soon.

Dan
Old 28 May 2003, 02:22 PM
( R6 CDW )
Scooby Regular

DAN,
there is a prodrive upgrade for the brakes on the 03 ist called wr sport 330mm brake kit (sacc2475).

No idea how mutch it cost.

But have to agree they are a bit soft, I had a civic vti you only had to look at the brakes and you could break you nose off the windscreen (LOL).
Old 28 May 2003, 11:39 PM
Paloma Chic
Scooby Newbie

I bet you have a huge pipe now chris..