Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

OMG! ordered some tyres and paid for them

[Edited by Trick - 5/22/2003 2:36:30 PM]
Old 22 May 2003, 02:16 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!
Was just about to order some tyres off them in a couple weeks....phew!!
Old 22 May 2003, 02:24 PM
wacky.banana
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Link please? Sorry but Search is disabled on my PC at the moment. I know why, can't fix it just yet.

Thanks
Old 22 May 2003, 02:31 PM
pblakeway
Scooby Regular

Is it this crossroads garage ?

DAVIDHUNT@CROSSROADGARAGE.FSNET.CO.UK
Old 22 May 2003, 02:35 PM
Trick
Scooby Regular

thats the one
Old 22 May 2003, 02:42 PM
pblakeway
Scooby Regular

That was close, was about to order some parts.

I take it thats also the on thet was advertising cambelts at £29 and then asking £70 when you e-mailed him...
Old 22 May 2003, 03:01 PM
dnb
Scooby Regular

That's the one. He told me that the £29 was for a 1.8, and a 2.0T would be £50.

There doesn't seem to be anyone answering the phone - however, it is engaged sometimes...

Looks like I'll have to talk to my credit card company.
Old 22 May 2003, 03:19 PM
Trick
Scooby Regular

so is it definite delivery cant be assured?
Old 22 May 2003, 03:21 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

I don't think anybody who has ordered tyres (especially 17's) have receieved them
Old 22 May 2003, 03:23 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

related thread http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...rumName=Wheels
Old 22 May 2003, 03:40 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Thumbs down

I was about to spend some serious wedge with these people- thankfully I read this first.

Can anyone else reccommend a good supplier?
Old 22 May 2003, 03:46 PM
iain atkins
Scooby Regular

Must admit, i had no problems with my Cambelt, Crankseal and Oil filter arriving when promised
Old 22 May 2003, 04:04 PM
dnb
Scooby Regular

I didn't have a problem with the first belt getting to me - the trouble is it was for a 1.8GL, not a 2.0 Turbo.
Old 22 May 2003, 06:27 PM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Exclamation

As I replied on another thread, I have received the tyres I ordered, although they were late and delivered on a different day to the one Crossroads had told me about. I was a little concerned that they had debited ny credit card immediately upon order, but the impression I gathered was that they were rather disorganised and perhaps surprised by the sudden success of becoming known on this site.

I did feel comforted that they were advertisers on Scoobynet, but it just goes to show that that in itself is no proof of the credentials of anyone you might be ordering from.
Old 22 May 2003, 07:23 PM
robs
Scooby Regular

Not sure what the story is behind this, but they just serviced & belted mine a few weeks ago. They were busy, but very helpful & excellent service IMHO. Hope it gets sorted quickly.
Old 22 May 2003, 07:46 PM
Trick
Scooby Regular

i`ll give em a chance....

Old 23 May 2003, 09:35 AM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

BTTT
Old 23 May 2003, 10:16 AM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I know someone who ordered the disks & pads from them

They sent the wrong ones, they are still sat in his garage, and they havent refunded him, or collected despite saying that they will

Im seriously glad I didnt order mine, I phoned them up, and was told I could leave a 20 quid deposit, and pay the balance on pay day, as the offer would have been finished before I got paid

I did speak to them on the phone, and they did seem helpful, but seemingly there is more to this than we know about
Old 23 May 2003, 10:28 AM
Boarder1
Scooby Regular

I have just spoke to them, and have been told that they cant get the delivery of the tyres now, and have sent refunds out to people yesterday, so should receive my money back today (watch this space)!!

Only 3 weeks of being messed around!!
Old 23 May 2003, 10:32 AM
Nexuas
Scooby Regular

Having followed this saga on here, but not being someone who has spoken to or ordered anything from them. It does seam that they have been Tarred and Feathered without perhaps the trial they deserved.

For every complaint and moan, there does seam to be a satisfied customer. I think the main problem is that they are not being honest, but this was probably because they did not want to loose peoples business.

From reading the original tyre thread it suggests that they have taken orders for over 500 sets of tyres This site must have opened them up to a market larger than they were set up to cope with. Other tyre dealers were being honest and saying that they were having supply problems and could not get them for a long time. David seams to have had a rush of blood to the head and taken the orders thinking he will be able to get supply as he is now a BULK BUYER. But unfortunatly for them this has back fired.

If when you phoned he said yes I can do them but not for two months you would definatly go elsewhere, he has tried to string you along till he can sort the supply problem out.

The only "Crime" they seam to have committed is taking money from peoples accounts prior to obtaining or despatch the goods. This is more than likely because a small outfit will not have the resources to order 500 sets of tyres, and then wait for payment to come through. Exucse them for becoming snowed under, I imagine if you got five hundred orders dumped on your desk it would take you a while to get through them, and yes you would probaly forget to speak to some of them?

I think you need to cut them some slack? But maybe they need to come on here and be completely honest and explain what is going on?

I would like to say I am not connected with them in any way other than having seen their banner on this website and in the scoobynetshop.

Just my opinion. Flame suit zipped up. I will just sit back now and wait?
Old 23 May 2003, 10:44 AM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

Fair point to the above post, but if you had been messed around like so many of us, you would probaly be as pi$$ed off as me, especially seeing that i was one of the first people to order!
Old 23 May 2003, 10:50 AM
apjames
Scooby Regular

I ordered last Friday and was given today as delivery. Tried very hard to contact them yesterday but kept on getting O2 answerphone.

Called them this morning, and a refund had been sent out, with a date of 6/6 for stock coming in.

Seemed fairly genuine and apologetic about the situation, and said would he contact me when he has stock.

Refund slip waiting for me in work thi morning.

Question is now WHERE DO I GET MY TYRES FROM???!!!
Old 23 May 2003, 10:51 AM
dnb
Scooby Regular

Just to let you all know that my new cambelt arrived this morning.
I haven't had a chance to inspect it yet, but Nic says it's the right sort of length (i.e. about 6 miles )

She did say there was a little damage to the box, but I'm not fitting that to the car. If the belt is in A1 condition and it's the correct one, I'll be happy.

Move me to the "hopefully about to be satisfied customer" thread please!
Old 23 May 2003, 10:56 AM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

If the problems are genuine they (Crossroad) should be up front with people.

99 times out of 100 If a situation is explaned in a clear manner then most people will give the benefit of the doubt but if the customer is left in the dark then we have the above situation.

Mainly sounds like bad management of the problem but only time will tell.

It would make things a lot clearer if Crossroad came on here and explaned themselves
Old 23 May 2003, 11:42 AM
jamiemac
Scooby Newbie

Was supposed to get tyres delivered today. Instead received a refund in the post. Assume this means that I am not going to get the tyres
Anyone know where I can get some Eagle F1 215/40/17 for sensible money now???
Old 23 May 2003, 12:22 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too spoke to David this morning, he did say that when he gets the tyres, and he swears he will, he'll contact ALL those who ordered to see if they still want them, he did tell me that the order he has with Goodyear is worth 120k, so it may have taken him a while to source the money, he has to pay for the tyres when he gets them, and this is partly why he was able to give such a good price, I for one, am willing to wait and see if they arrive, I ordered 8 of them, just to stick in the garage for a while, I could probably even seel them for more when other opeople get desperate!
He did sound very genuine to me, And I suspect that actually going there and getting the tyres fitted would be a better bet than having them sent, at least that way you'd see where you're getting them from, if you order and get the sent, you could be luuled into thinking that they could be coming from a back street gaf, clearly I don't know the set-up, but I would have thought that anyone who can get their hands on 120k, can't be that bad a bloke!
Ron.
Old 23 May 2003, 12:47 PM
Huge
Scooby Regular

Ron

Interesting that he claims to be getting the tyres from Goodyear, because they don't have an account with him!!

Hugh
Old 23 May 2003, 01:29 PM
Matt Classic
Scooby Regular

I didn't have a problem with the service, in fact after waiting for 5 weeks for pads and disc I think I was being more than reasonable and trusting. What I do have a problem with is being told lies about delivery dates and the fact that 'TNT' had let him down. I wonder how TNT would feel about the fact that the service they have 'reputedly' offered Crossraods garage is being banged around as an excuse ?? It would have put me off using them as a courier service having heard it.
There is, as you say, two sides to every story, but there can be more than 2 if you want to include fabrication of the truth.
Right, wheres my steps, I need to get down off this particulary high horse i'm on !

Quick Reply: CROSSROAD GARAGE