ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Driving lights?

Search this Thread

Old 14 April 2000, 07:52 PM
moz.g
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hello I,m new to this(although I used to look on a friends PC whenever I could)
I used to have a MY98 (until someone crashed into it) and I've just picked up my MY00, but inbetween waiting for MY98 to be repaired and MY00 to be deliverd I was given a PUG406 diesel (don't go to sleep just yet!)
The first time I went out in the 406 at night I couldn't believe how much better the lights were compared to the scooby.Can anyone give me any advice on where you can get the fog lights converted to driving lights and how much?(just for the record I'm not one of these gits who drive around with their foggies on!)
Graham
Old 14 April 2000, 08:08 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Loads of choices, not

Scoobysport do Cibies Oscar Pluses
Old 15 April 2000, 06:19 AM
Kev
Scooby Regular

Moz...

Take a look at my PIAA page I put on my site a couple of months ago, should answer a few questions....
Old 15 April 2000, 12:55 PM
DaveW
Scooby Regular

Moz.g

If you are thinking of converting to driving lights then you need to consider the fact that when you go to dipped beam you will be blind so you will need to get some decent bulbs for dipped as well.

I've got PIAA headlight bulbs and Cibie driving lights (Scoobysport). I went for the Cibies because they give a better spread than the PIAA's which give better distance, so not only can you see down the road but around corners as well. With 55W bulbs I can see enough for illegal braking distances on back roads, I have yet to try the 130W.

Cost was about £300 for bulbs and driving lights (I managed to fit these myself, it is that easy) and it was worth it for the peace of mind on back roads, which is where I have most fun.

PIAA/Cibie's - Just depends on where you drive and how fast

DaveW

PS : I think the PIAA's look better coz they have clear lenses but they are tooooooo expensive.