Sponsored by:

a baby and my Scooby hrmmmmmmm !

Search this Thread

Old 19 May 2003, 11:57 AM
rik_ingham
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Around 7 months ago a did a deal with my wife, I wanted an Impreza, she said the next car we get has to be a practical family car. Fine I said an Impreza is perfect we can get a five door so she gets the family car I get the performance, great I thought.

Thing was she included a sweetener. I get the car she gets a baby!

So I agreed 7 months later she is 6 months pregnant.

My question today is this, does anyone recommend a good child's seat that will match the interior of my99 Impreza not something from Mothercare with bright colours and teddy bears.

Help please, I don't want something tacky ruining the look of my car.
Old 19 May 2003, 12:01 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Subaru actually make a Recaro seat for the Impreza that is adjustable to fit different age ranges upto 12 yrs old believe it or not.

I saw on in Lancaster Subaru in Pangbourne but I supose any dealer could get one. No idea about price though.

Steve
Old 19 May 2003, 12:05 PM
SCOOBY TOWERS
Scooby Regular

I have a seat for sale if your interested.
Britax rock a tot for babys 0 - 9 mths. £15.
Fits my MY99 with no problems.

Edited to add - its brightly coloured but is lower than the sill, so hard to see it once fitted

[Edited by SCOOBY TOWERS - 5/19/2003 12:07:13 PM]
Old 19 May 2003, 12:05 PM
Nick1
Scooby Regular

Cool

Nice deal We are looking at having a baby early next year so it was a great excuse for me to trade my S3 Audi in for an STI7

It's practical, has 4 doors and a large boot Also when I am on my own it goes fast and shoots flames out the exhaust

I will be looking for baby seats to match my STI7 seats next year. I think baby seats are coll, they are full bucket seats with racing harnesses
Old 19 May 2003, 12:10 PM
Steve PPP
Scooby Regular

Cool

Halfords sell the Recaro seat.

Would recommend an Isofix seat if you have a "new-age" Scooby, as they are a much better fitting to the car. Usually have to buy the manufacturer's own model seat though.

Steve Wardle
Old 19 May 2003, 12:15 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
There is only 1 choice IMHO. The Zebra print one from Mothercare.Our son has had it from 6months up to 3yrs Old. we get comments all the time and it suits most colours from Silver,WR blue, to black. (dont know about red though). A car seat with a bit of class...
Old 19 May 2003, 12:27 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Congratulations!

I changed my MY99 4-door for an MY00 wagon when our mini-man arrived
We used the Britax Rock-a Tot from birth, then changed to Maxi Cosi Priori after 7 months. It has Side Protection, fits snug, and most importantly the fabric matches the colour of the car seats

(And yes, I am only joking with that last comment)

Don't forget that big brake upgrade......for your childs safety.....lol!
Old 19 May 2003, 12:50 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2
Smile

A seat with a Scooby Doo print on it ??
Old 19 May 2003, 12:57 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
an addition to my last post. Get the car seat that already has chocolate finger marks, broken crisps, food crumbs, a suspect sick mark, bits of cars, plastic components from Mcdonald Happy meals toys and muddy wellie stains. That way you can have it looking new for years !!!!
Old 19 May 2003, 04:12 PM
pbee
Scooby Regular

I suppose it depends what you are after. I can reccomend getting a travel system like a Mama and papas pliko, as this has a group0+ car seat and a umbrella puschair combo unit.

We bought the Mama and pappas fresstyler which is a similiar thing but the puschair doesnt umbrella fold and takes up 85% of the boot which is a real pain and we have just bought a maclaren stroller to get round this. £480 so far on pushcahirs and if we bought the pliko that was £280 and we would still be able to use it now without having to buy the stroller.

The group0+ car seat will survive till the sprog is between 12-15 months old, My son is a bit of bruiser and looks like it will be out of the group0+ at 9 months. At 9 months (18kg) they can go to a group1 car seat which will last until they are 3 / 4 years old.

You need to get the group 1 car seat trial fitted in the car as my sister found that a lot of seats do not fit very well as they are huge. Places like halfords will fit lots of different seats into the car and tell you about buckle crunching and such things.

Find out if your car has isofix fittings as the britax duo / subaru seat fits really well into my my03 impreza and leaves lots of leg room for the little tyke as well. Some seats are so built out they press up against the front seat so the kid has nowhere to put his legs you must need a big volvo or range rover for some seats.

after the 3/4 years they can go onto a booster.
Old 19 May 2003, 05:42 PM
Lunchie
Scooby Regular

Cool

I bought my MY99 wagon cos of the little one on the way at the time - she's 18 mo. now (MY01).

We bought the Mamas and Papas Pliko System - decent heavy duty umbrella folding stroller which the child seat fits onto. Would certainly recommend for the room it leaves in the boot area. The child seat itself was great, easy to get in and out because of a seat base that you leave in the car that it clips into. Its also easy to remove the base if you need to swap it to another car.

From about 9 mo. we moved her up to forward facing seat. After looking around a lot we settled on the Maxi Cosi Priori. Again v. good safety record and easy to fit and remove. If your interested in the look of it, it comes in a number of different colours (we've got a black and grey one which looks good in the scoob ().
Old 19 May 2003, 06:09 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

i use a couple of cushions and a tow rope for my child.

does the trick perfectly

i'll just remove a cushion as he gets taller.

BB
Old 19 May 2003, 11:33 PM
rik_ingham
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thanks alot everyone, gonna go to a dealer and see about the Subaru one and have a look at the others too.

Thanks again

Rik
Old 20 May 2003, 08:42 AM
Dirtboy
Scooby Regular

Talking

My little one just 5 weeks old now......get ready for it mate!!!

Looked at seats to suit MY94 & wifes Focus, spent hours on net and in shops and went with " Jane " (French made, but dont tell anyone).

Very easy to fit and quick to put in and out. Also it was (at the time) the the only model available in UK that laid totally flat (a lot profess to do so but dont) which is the new thing with the health service as it helps support the back during the early days. NOt cheap but got it as 3 in 1 travel system (pram / push chair etc) so all in all a good buy me thinks. ANy way the best piece of advice is sleep as much as poss NOW and dont spend hours wandering around mothercare!!!

Good luck and all the best