Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New WRX

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2003, 10:45 AM
Bill H
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picked up new 03 WRX yesterday, dealer prep was rubbish, car still covered in factory transport wax, also damage to trim, the dealer agreed to sort these. However the sides and wheels also had underseal overspray. Looking underneath this is on the exhaust etc. Looks like it was put on in UK. Anyone else seen this on their new car? or or does it indicate a problem with this particular car?

Otherwise grin on my face that can't be removed. 1000 miles seems a very long way!
Old 13 April 2003, 11:40 AM
slacker
Scooby Regular

two weeks is not a very long way away!!!
Old 14 April 2003, 10:53 PM
john catania
Scooby Regular

Bill

I pick up a UK WRX Friday, "allegedly". I'll let you know what I find reference your post.

cheers
Old 15 April 2003, 07:25 AM
Old_Fart
Scooby Regular

IIRC the underseal is applied by the dealer(but maybe not, I'm sure it's done in the UK though)..overspray on the wheels and sides is a problem with the supplying dealer not Subaru. Sounds pretty shoddy service. Enjoy the car though!
Chuck
Old 15 April 2003, 07:30 AM
Boyakasha
Scooby Regular

Angry

Had the same on both our cars, and I don't even want to go down the raod of the condition we got one of the cars in. Dealer took it back for a week and sorted all the problems, then when we got it back didn;t even offer us a free 1st service [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 15 April 2003, 08:20 AM
Taomyn
Scooby Regular

Location: Europe (Brit. ex-Pat.) - MY03 WRX PPP + Opel Monza GSE
Definately the dealer at fault - mine was immaculate
Old 15 April 2003, 08:35 AM
Leys
Scooby Newbie

Marc, overall how would you rate T&C's service when buying a new scoob?

It would be interesting to know as I'm coming home on the 25th of April.
Old 15 April 2003, 09:18 AM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Angry

Not happy with mine at all,only had 5 days every single piece of trim seems to rattle, clonking and crashing from underneath too.

My dealer is in the york area (hint) and cant even get me in for a service for 2 weeks.

Im on 800 miles (company car) and will have to lay the car up for a week, else im going to be doing more than 2000 miles before then!

This is the same dealer that dented my GX and said they would fix it but would never get back to me.

I think im going to get mine serviced in the otley area from now on (once my prob are sorted)

Simon

PS i would of given my GX 8 out 10 for build quality (clutch let it down), i would give my WRX 3 out of 10 for build quality, as i cant find anything that seems bolted down correctly (i think ive got a 'Lemon')
Old 15 April 2003, 09:39 AM
TimboMY03
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Hey,

Mine is like orchestra of rattles and squeeks and since day 1 I've avoided bumpy roads! I even take a longer route to work to avoid said roads!

I have 3 particular rattles 1 clicking/slapping, almost like a swinging wiring loom in the rear roof lining/C pillar area, a constant twanning from the passenger door (I think this could be to do with the door handle release bar?) and a buzzing rattle from the instrument binical!

Strange, because I've had both a Turbo 2000 and Y reg WRX (bugeye) and neither even hinted at a rattle! Perhaps the price cut from the last model to this didn't come off the bottom line after all, perhaps they scimpt and saved on build quality of the interior???

The supplying dealer is over a 150 miles from where I live, my local dealer (that should get all my service business) has said I should take it back there, but I thought under the warrantee I could take it anywhere???

Tim

PS other than the rattles it's a great car.
Old 15 April 2003, 09:53 AM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

The irony is that when i drove the test car it was as smooth as silk, and no rattles and crashing at all!

I couldnt say the same thing when i test drove the STI7 5 months earlier, that why i purchased the 03 WRX PPP - For the Smooth ride

Simon