ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

I've seen it all now !!

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2000, 06:18 PM
Kev
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I thought I'd seen all the stupid stunts people could pull on a road but ....

On the way home tonite on the 2 lane M42 in a group of about 40 cars/trucks doing about 45mph an xr2 came up to us at some speed and as both lanes had slow traffic in he continued to stay about 3 foot from the back of my car braking wildly then accelerating up to the back again then as I was about to pull over just to let the stupid juvenile past when he must of dropped 2 gears and shot up the inside and down the hard shoulder for about half a mile ....... undertaking about 40 odd cars n trucks ...... what has the world come to

K
Old 14 March 2000, 06:40 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

He was obviously going to be late for his tea, and his mummy would probably have spanked him if he was

You really do get some a*seholes on the road, no patience at all.
Old 14 March 2000, 06:48 PM
Greggers
Scooby Regular

Angry

I picked-up my mates new car for him after work last night (insurance etc.) - a bl00dy 480 Turbo!?! - + a Saab 9000 shot past me doing about a oner, + gradually got into the inside of three lanes, when suddenly a Volvo estate of some reasonably fast variant appeared + went half sideways across the three lanes, almost hitting three other cars (incl. mine). The **** reps racing almost took us all out, but then proceeded to fly along the hard shoulder on the inside of a HGV, hurling gravel + stones at the car I was driving.....pr!cks....

greg
Old 14 March 2000, 10:33 PM
V697DMO
Scooby Regular

do what i do, take numbers and report to police
Old 15 March 2000, 02:25 AM
Scooby
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I can't condone racing on public highways, but thought I should point out that in a non public road situation any scooby would beat a Boxster with great ease, whether it be twisty roads or a standing start !

And that includes the faster variant of Boxster too !!!
Old 15 March 2000, 10:08 AM
Beef
Scooby Regular

Talking

Scooby yes, easily. My MKIII Soop, probably not.
Old 15 March 2000, 12:08 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Angry

i had a run in with a complete nutter on saturday night, wound me up big style, nearly took my back wing off after flying onto a roundabout from a lane that was bollarded off, i went after the lune like a stupid idiot, red mist and all that. Suddenly thought this guy might have knicked it and as that thought popped in my head this **** tried to ram my car, bloody scary.

I had to go half a mile on a motorway with this nutter trying to kill me, i managed to chuck the car off the slip road just after the point i knew this guy wouldnt make the turn.

I rang the coppers straight away to report this, have they bothered to get back to me, either to tell me this car was knicked or that the driver had been questioned, did they F**k.

Last time i loose my cool with another driver, no matter what they do, it just aint worth it
Old 15 March 2000, 12:46 PM
millband
Scooby Regular

Cool

Nightmares!

Just to cheer you up, a couple of guys at traffic lights in Bradford last Thursday signalled that they wanted a race. Of course I declined with a smile (esp. as my car was not warmed up yet!)

What beast were they driving to want to race a Scooby turbo? A 1 litre, 3 cylinder Dihatsu Charade GTi! Cool.

Steve
Old 15 March 2000, 12:59 PM
Beef
Scooby Regular

I nearly had a friendly race with a brand-new Boxster on Sat. Pulled up next to him, and indicated I wanted a race, but he wound down his window and said he was still running it in (obvious really) otherwise yes. I'd probably have lost, but we were both all smiles and civilised. That's what races should be like, no malice or anything like that. Just two people enjoying their cars.
Old 15 March 2000, 01:21 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

Well I suppose the Supra's engine is at the right end et least, shame they are lacking in the driven wheels department. Oh well, if I wanted a 4wd Supie, I would go to Nissan.

Oh, and I don't think the Boxter would have much chance against a well driven STI.
Old 15 March 2000, 03:40 PM
Carp Catcher
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

I was coming back to the M1 from Northampton a couple of weeks back ( can't remeber the road - dual carrigeway ). It was mid afternoon with little traffic and I was only doing about 60mph when I noticed two big bikes approaching behind me at a fair pace.

I pulled in to let them pass and to my suprise they slowed to my speed, waved, then pulled right in front of me and started to 'pop' wheelie's at 60 to 70mph.

They missed hitting the car that was in front of me by inches then turned to me, gave 'the finger' and sped off!!!

I was that gob-smacked and did'nt even manage to get their plates.

C.C.