ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

OH MY GOD!!

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2000, 04:51 PM
Jon Sargent
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Well there just about the only words that I am saying at the moment apart from me smiling from here to Holland!!

On Tuesday I picked up my first Scooby (Impreza Turbo in Royal Silver) from Gertjan v.d Velde in Holland. I must also add that he has been fantastic throughout my 5-month wait, and would advise anybody who is about to go through with importing an Impreza to check him out.

Well the drive home I will remember for the rest of my life. Obviously adhering to the 4000rpm initial run in, I just couldn’t stop smiling. It seemed that everybody’s eyes were looking at my car (or was I paranoid?). Anyway it felt so great.

I have sorted the alarm and tracker and have spent the last 2 days driving it about. I am no where near flooring it (too worried to shorten the life of my pride and joy) but I can still feel that turbo pull up to 4000rpm (I think I may of even sneaked 4200 – 4300) and it feels like somebody has lit the blue touch paper at the back of the car!!

I now know what all you guys and girls have been talking about over the past 6 months or so I have been scanning this forum. I can’t even put in to words how I feel (is this a normal way to feel when owning a Scoob?)

I would like to thank everybody who has answered my questions in the past 6 months and they honestly have been lifesavers at some points. I am soooo happy.

I have also received the price list from Mark for cleaning products and such forth and wondered what fellow scooby owners (god it feels great to say that!!) are using, in terms of the starter packs etc, as the choice seems to be vast. Maybe even get the paint work treated?

Thanks

Jon

(I’m now on 535 miles and enjoying every minute of it!!)
Old 13 March 2000, 04:53 PM
Jon Sargent
Scooby Newbie

Talking

My above post is a little out of date now as the BBS board was down - but I've just got to stop smiling!!!!
Old 13 March 2000, 05:30 PM
Stupot
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Welcome aboard Jon just wait until the inevitable mods are fitted hehe
Stu
Old 13 March 2000, 07:34 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I agree, Ive had my car for nearly 2 weeks and I', still grinning!!!!!!!
Ron
Old 13 March 2000, 08:31 PM
Shark
Scooby Regular

Smile

I though this was going to be a thread about Kenny

Enjoy the car

You will need to register for UK warranty through your UK Dealer or IM to get work done under the manufactures warranty, e-mail me if you want details.

David