Sponsored by:

My poor Scooby....Pls cheer me up!!

Search this Thread

Old 25 March 2003, 09:26 AM
SuperFlyGuy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I bludy Pug206 ran into the back of me in Jan on the motorway. The "repair" broke my heart....I had a mint MY97 which i spent 12 months hunting down and now it had the worst back end you have ever seen. I took it away from the "approved repairer" heartbroken and disgusted. It is now in BMW but they have had it 2 weeks now....I miss it so bad. They have given me a bleedin "punto" as a charriet in the mean time.....I need cheering up...Please help. I've had her nearly 18 months but I only found this superb site just yesterday....So I know you can help.
Ian.
Old 25 March 2003, 09:33 AM
Mr Gee
Scooby Regular

Smile

Bummer !

Cheer up - Be back on the road soon mate !
Old 25 March 2003, 10:31 AM
Vix
Scooby Regular

Cheer up! At least your wife didn't get someone to ram the side just before you were part-exing it!

btw I am the wife
Old 25 March 2003, 10:51 AM
Silverman
Scooby Regular

Don't think yourself unlucky. My 94 WRX import has been at the "approved repairer" for nearly 6 yes 6 weeks! its as if my right arm has been cut off. All they spout off about is supply problems as the parts come through 4 different handlers. Keep yor chin up it will be back soon.
Old 25 March 2003, 10:55 AM
Wuss
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I know how you feel!

I had only had my brand new Dark Blue Mica MY00 two months when I returned home from work (8.30pm) and found the police outside my house. Some p*ssed w*nker had been on an all day drinking session and had crashed into 8 cars before being arrested. Mine was the seventh and he caused £2,000 worth of damage. I cannot explain how bad it was to find my £21,000 pride and joy smashed in after only two months of ownership.

And if that wasn't bad enough I later found out the guy was not insured and I ended up footing the entire bill. My insurance premium has been screwed ever since!

I tried to take him to the small claims court in 2001, but the guy topped himself or something so I have had to drop it - he must have had major problems in his life, so I am finding it difficult to hold a grudge against him...!

I hope you get it sorted ASAP!

Wuss.

[Edited by Wuss - 3/25/2003 10:56:05 AM]
Old 25 March 2003, 11:49 AM
SuperFlyGuy
Scooby Regular

Thanx guys....although I obviously dont get any pleasure from hearing your scoobies getting bent I realise now it could be worse. A Fiat Punto just doesnt give you the same driving satisfaction....and it scares me to death in the wet!!!!!

I'm gonna ring BMW today and find out wot they are doing...it looks like the "approved repairer" hadn't used a genuine Subaru back panel....just for the sake of a few quid eh?
Old 25 March 2003, 02:15 PM
Dodge
Scooby Regular

Mine's been at the repairer for 5 weeks... Picking it up tonight, thank god! And all for a tiny dent...

But, at least they gave me a 'reasonable' car (MGZS), rather than a Micra etc...

(Handy Hint - for companies that outsource the hire cars, ask the hire company if they can give you a better, more impreza-ish hire car, and they will try quite hard to get the insurance co. to upgrade you as it means more money for them!)

[Edited by Dodge - 3/25/2003 2:18:12 PM]
Old 25 March 2003, 02:21 PM
SuperFlyGuy
Scooby Regular

Red face

Just found out what the hold up is.......check this one out. They have told me that the rear panel sent is again the WRONG panel....What is going on here then?
They first received a MY00 panel (mine is a UK MY97), sent it back and now they still have the wrong panel....and they claim Subaru only make 2 rear panel types so everyone is confused....

Looks like I may have to register with the Fiat Punto forum site (if there is such a thing!!) 'cos i'm gonna be driving the damm thing for ever at this rate.....

Is there a nicotine patch type thingy I can buy to help quench my withdrawal symptoms????
Old 25 March 2003, 07:06 PM
DreXeL
Scooby Regular

Look on the bright side, Your scoob will feel like it has about 10,000 BHP after driving that Punto about
Old 25 March 2003, 07:33 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!
Less worry for the time being of parking in carparks, I have to check all the panels when I get back to it.
Old 25 March 2003, 11:28 PM
pele
Scooby Regular

Wink

fiat forum it's not as busy as scoobynet, & it takes forever to get answers from anyone
Old 26 March 2003, 12:11 PM
Dodge
Scooby Regular

Like car, like forum, like owner I suppose: Scoobynet - quick response, lots of messages, vs fiat forum, slow response and little traffic..
Old 26 March 2003, 01:06 PM
SuperFlyGuy
Scooby Regular

Talking

Can you imagine some of the questions asked:-

Dear Forum...my Fiat punto is slow, handles like a Lidle shopping trolley, has a noisey "tappety" engine and smells of old tramp sock. Any advice on where to start with improvements?

Forum - yes. Scrap it and get an Impreza turbo.....

Just been to look at my "baby" in BMW. The nice man assured me he will take care of her and sort out the dodgy repair. Looking like another week and a half though......I will keep you posted.